Chapter 51: Metal

So I understand this chapter may confuse the fuck out of some of my readers, so I apologize in advance. All will be explained later on. I also apologize for my language.

"Food!" I shouted excitedly. I stopped covering Diamond's back and immediately ran toward the cafeteria door.

My stomach had been growling consistently ever since I had woken up in the steel room almost twelve hours ago.

My hopes were immediately dashed as I realized the wooden door was locked...and the locks made of steel. I rapped on the door and was met with a dull echo.

Even though I knew the door had to be several feet thick, I turned and rammed my shoulder into it as hard as I could. The only thing I succeeded in was hurting my shoulder and jarring my head.

"No!" I moaned. "Mi vida está arruinada!"

"Don't be so melodramatic, Tony." Diamond said grumpily from behind me.

"But I'm hungry!" I whined. I knew I was acting like a child but I really was hungry. I had a massive headache from lack of food and sleep, and my stomach was so empty I felt like I was going to pass out. I was really surprised I hadn't by now. "And the door is locked!"

"Move aside," Diamond pushed me back away from the door and took a deep breath.

"What're you-"

That was all I got out before Diamond raised her leg and kicked the door down. The wood groaned and cracked, and the door was ripped off its hinges. It flew several feet into the cafeteria before slamming into a food cart.

"Di..." My mouth dropped open. "That door....that door was several feet thick!"

She shrugged at me. "You aren't the only one who is starving."

I rushed past Diamond and into the kitchen. As soon as I did, there was a shriek and something heavy collided with the back of my neck.

"Fucking hell!" I collapsed to the ground with a grunt. Black squiggles invaded my vision and I rolled over with a groan to see who had hit me.

"Tony!" Diamond's worried voice cut through the intense ringing in my ears and I felt her hand on my shoulder as my eyes focused on a blonde holding something shaped like a club high over her head, fear and a hint of amusement in her eyes.

"Evalynn?" I managed. "What the hell?"

***Evie's POV

My muscles froze in shock and I fell roughly to my knees, a dead Evalynn in my arms.

"No," was all I was able to say as the door next to me flung open and Skylar and her clone stepped out into the hallway. Skylar took one step towards me, but immediately stopped when she spotted Evalynn.

Her whole body went rigid and she stumbled forward a step as Kyler ran into her. "Skylar, what-?" Kyler's voice caught in her throat as I tried to think I something to say.

"You bitch..." I said quietly.

"Evie..." Skylar said gently. "Who-?"

"You bitch!"

"Evie..." Skylar's voice cracked this time and Kyler put a comforting arm around her shoulders.

"You promised!" I shouted at the dead girl in my arms. "You promised me! You promised me that we would make it out of here alive!"

I stood up, Evalynn falling to the floor as I did so. Skylar hissed as Evalynn's head hit the floor with a crack, but I ignored her.

"You promised me we wouldn't die! You said we would both live to be married and have children! We were supposed to be the cool aunts, the second moms! You were supposed to be my maid of honor! You promised me that we would grow old and die together once we had grandchildren!"