Chapter 7: Metal

When David and I entered the room after Harry and Derek did, we all just stopped and stared. The room was huge, with a fireplace, a flat screen TV and lots of cushy couches surrounding them. There were two wooden doors in the back, and when I opened one of the doors, I was even more impressed.

There were two double beds in each room, along with identical dressers and closets on either side of the beds. The main dorm room was painted white, with hardwood floor, paintings hung up all over the room, and a huge bookshelf stocked full with books. There was also a stack of DVDs sitting next to the TV. David was sifting through them. "Hey, cool," he held up a few DVD's and grinned. "All six Saw movies."

"Evie would be so jealous," we said at the same time.

He shot me a look I didn't quite get, and continued looking through the movies. "All six Star Wars, Lord of the Rings, Game of Thrones, Marvel movies, and series 1-4 of Doctor Who...This is awesome!"

"Diamond would have a heart attack if she saw all this stuff," I murmured. I pulled out my cell phone and hit speed dial one; Diamond.

"Hey, Tony!" Her cheery voice always made me feel better.

"How's your room?" I asked.

"Pretty great, we have a TV! You?"

"Yeah, same here. Did you look at your movies and stuff? We have Star Wars, Game of Thrones, Doctor Who-"

"Doctor Who?!" She screeched in my ear. I winced, and held the phone away from my ear a little. "Skylar!" She yelled. "Skylar, guess what!"

"What, what's wrong?" I heard Skylar yell back.

"Check the DVD stack, the guys have Doctor Who!"

"Doctor Who?!" I heard Skylar shriek excitedly.

There was the sound of bare feet hitting the hardwood floor rapidly, a thump, a curse and then Evalynn shouted "What the hell are you guys doing out there?"

"Looking for Doctor Who!" Diamond yelled back.

"Nerds!" I could practically sense Evalynn rolling her eyes through the phone.

"It isn't here!" Skylar said frantically.

"What do you guys have instead?" I asked Diamond.

There was a scuffle and suddenly Skylar was freaking out in my ear. "Dammit, Antonio, there is no Doctor Who here! All we have are chick flicks!"

"Sorry to disappoint," I hung up the phone, and walked into one of the bed rooms. Harry was lounging on a bed. "Mind if I share with you?" I asked.

He shrugged. "Why the hell not?" He shrugged off the blazer, and picked up something on the top of a dresser. He chuckled a little. "They gave us cigarettes, Tony. Do you smoke?"

I shook my head. "No. Do you?"

Harry sighed. "I'm the star quarter back on the football team. I led our team to the championships two years in a row. Of course I don't," but as he said this, he let a cigarette.

"You must really miss Skylar," I said.

He sat on the edge of his bed, smoking. "Yeah. Yeah, I do. But I really hurt her, Tony. And then that thing with Jamie...God, I don't deserve her."

"Well from what I heard from Diamond you dumped Skylar for a scholarship?" I said bitterly.

He angrily threw the cigarette to the ground and stood up to face me. "God, that's not what happened! That's not why I dumped her! I left her to protect her!"

"What? What are you talking about?"

Harry flopped backwards onto the bed. "In her sophomore year, Skylar and one of her tech-head friends got their hands on some pot. They smoked it, got high and broke into a 7-11 around midnight to get food. She told me everything and she never touched the stuff again. Of course I kept her secret, but somehow Tiffany found out. She threatened to spill it if I didn't leave Skylar. I knew it would ruin her and possibly send her to juvy. So, I left her, because I loved her. Not because I had stopped."

"Ay, dios mio," I murmured.

Harry barked out a laugh. "Yeah. Well. That's that." He stripped to his boxers, and dug a tank top out of the dresser. "Chester really came through with this, didn't he?"

"Yeah, well they had us fill out a survey in the limo while you were unconscious, on our clothing and shoe sizes." I changed into a pair of sweats and plopped down on my bed.

Harry flipped the light switch, and I had almost fallen asleep when he quietly asked. "Who filled out my survey?"

"She did," I didn't need to say a name. He knew who I meant.