Chapter 19

A/N IM SO SORRY THAT IT TOOK FOREVER TO UPDATE! SCHOOL STARTED AND HOMEWORK PILED UP! AND I STAY AFTER EVERYDAY! I'm so sorry... :'(

Chapter 19
~~~~~~~~~~
Liam's POV
~~~~~~~~~~

Ashley is Crystal. Crystal is Ashley. How can this happen? Why wouldn't she want to tell Louis? I understand that they weren't on good terms two and a half years ago, but still. After that happened, Lou did seem a bit shaken. I also remember quite clearly being aggravated with him.

Who wouldn't be if someone just found out that one of their best friends for three years (at that time, it's now been 5) had a secret twin sister that no one knew about? Better yet, that the rest of their family believed that she died and deserved it? The nerve of some people...

After sitting down and talking with Ashley, Crystal, or whatever her name is, I went back to my hotel room.

How had no one noticed? I mean, she had the same facial features and after Louis did explain that night, he said she used to be really good with accents when they were little. She seems to act similar to him and is just as sassy. How could I not notice? Me being "Daddy Direction" and all. I'm the most protective and observant of all of us. I should have noticed early on with the way she acted with Louis. I mean, come on. No one every really ignores Lou or give him cold shoulders or anything when they first meet.

As I stepped into my room I was tackled. "Lili! You're back!" Niall screeched in my ear. Ow! Could he get any louder? "Where were you? I woke up around like 11 and you were gone. I called, but you never answered. I got so worried!" Aw, Nialler worried about me. 

"It's okay, Nialler. I'm here now. I went out with Zayn cause he said something stupid to Crystal this morning and she got mad. He needed help to figure out how to apologize. I couldn't just leave him hanging." I ruffled my hand through Niall's hair. Wow, I don't remember it being this soft. 

"Oh okay. Just next time leave a note or something before you go." Niall got up and held out a hand to help me up. I placed my hand in his and he helped me stand up. Wow, he has really nice hands too. 

"Your hand fits in mine like it's made just for me,

but bear this in mind, it was meant to be.

And I'm joining up the dots with the freckles on your cheeks,

cause it all makes sense to me." 

My phone rang out from my pocket. How awkward too. We released hands and I grabbed out my phone. 

'Dani'

Dani? I haven't talked to her in forever. I mean, we did break up awhile ago. (A/N I started the story after they broke up, I think...) Why didn't I ever change the ringtone? I quickly clicked the answer button.

"Hello?"

"Hi, Liam?" She sounded as if she didn't know she dialed this number.

"Yeah, hey Dani. What's up?"

"Um, I don't know. I was just bored and I didn't know who to talk to or anything right now." 

"Oh, well is something wrong? If there is I can try to help," I offered. I hope nothing is wrong. I know we dated for about two years and I really loved her, but I just don't feel that spark or compassion with her anymore. However, I do still care for her as a friend.

"Lili baby, I miss you. I miss us. I was so stupid when we broke up. I could have handled everything in a more mature way. I'm so sorry. Please tell me something can still work between us?" She pleaded. Is this not what I was just thinking?

"Uh, Dani, I- I don't think now is a really good time. I mean I still care for you and all, but I only see as friends now and in the future. I think that even if we didn't break up last year, it still would've happened eventually. We just kinda saved ourselves then. I'm not quite sure what happened to make you want to call me after such a long time, but I feel like it's more of a loneliness type of thing. Last I heard you were in a nice relationship with someone. I'm not a psychiatrist, but I have a feeling that you and him broke up and now you are resorting to someone else who used to make you happy in an attempt to feel that happiness again. You don't really want to be together again, you just want comfort from someone you care about, or used to care about. I'm sorry Danielle." Dear goodness. Where did all that come from. I never knew I could sound that smart. 

There was a silence on the other side. Nothing. All I could hear was her labored breathing. She must've been crying. "Dani, are you crying. I'm so sorry I didn't mean to make you cry. Oh my, Dani. Oh, I'm so sor-" I tried to apologize for making her cry, but she cut me off.

"Why are you so goddamn smart Liam. I barely said anything and you guessed my situation almost perfectly. I guess that's part of why I used to love you so much. You always knew what to say and what was going on before I said anything really to you. However, I do feel slightly better after that Liam. So, thank you. His name was Derek, by the way. I was so stupid to ever leave you, but now I realize that it was for the best and it would've eventually happened, but really thank you Liam. I guess I really called because I knew I could trust you to help somehow, whether it was knowing what to say or just being there fo rme to pour my heart out to right now. So I'm truly thankful." To be honest I miss Dani, but not enough to want to get back together. 

A/N Sorry... the chapter isn't done, but I thought I should post something. I apologize for not updating in month, I've been very busy and midterms were this week. That's actually why I was able to update. Thank you so much for reading! :)

COMMENT!

VOTE!

FAN!

Love y'all!! 

~Sami