Chapter 9

OMG I'm going through a country phase. Sadly, due to my sister, I know half the country songs that exist already... ahahaha

-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/

Chapter 9

-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/

TWO YEARS LATER

Ashley's POV

"Baby you're a song

You make me wanna roll my windows down

and cruise,"

I started up the song. Gosh, my album is hilarious. Whenever someone downloads my songs from iTunes, it has to be categorized under 'Various' due to the fact that I sing all different types of music. I sing pop, country, gospel, a little rock, some R&B, and a bit of rap. Rap is my weak point though. Out of all the songs I've written, I have to say that Cruise (the song I'm singing now) is my favorite. My second favorite would have to be What Hurts the Most. I finished up the song.

"Thank you everyone! It was so great to be here and be able to perform for all of you! I hope to be back someday in the future. Goodnight to you all!" I hollered out to the crowds in the stands.

I rushed off stage to be greeted by my smiling manager.

"Hey, Crystal," She nodded sweetly at me. No Crystal is not her name, her name is Lauren. Crystal is my stage name. She is the figure I created so I could live the best of both worlds. All this was due to a certain boyband members help two years ago, but now when I'm Crystal I have blond hair and green eyes. When I'm just normal Ashley Maria Tomlins- no I will never be a Tomlinson again. When I'm just Ashley, I have my brown locks and crystal blue eyes. That's how I came up with my name. It's the color of my natural eyes.

"So, what are the plans for tonight? Any after parties I need to attend? Any awards ceremonies coming up? What about the concert? How much longer till then?" I shot question after question at her. She smirked. She understood all of what I asked even if was rushed.

"No plans for tonight, meaning no after party. You have an award ceremony is a few months after the tour is over. And the concert, darling, is in four days." I smiled and jumped around.

4 DAYS TILL THE CONCERT!

Which concert you ask? Well, the One Direction concert of course! I thanked Lauren and headed back to the limo that will take me to my hotel. I got in and relaxed.

You're all probably wondering what happened? Well, let me explain. After Zayn had that talk with Perrie at the cafe, I found out he broke up with her there. Surprising, she agreed. Zayn told me he was a little shocked, but Perrie understood. She told him that she hadn't felt the spark in awhile either, but couldn't bring herself to break up with him. As for me, Zayn found me a record deal. The company is Blue Skies. I told them about how I wanted the 'Best of Both Worlds' and they said they were okay with that idea. Since then, I have been known as Crystal Grant to the music industry. That is my secret identity. Only a few people know about that. Zayn, Purple. Skies, and two others being the only people. Not even the other 4/5 of 1D know. I didn't let Zayn tell them. Speaking of Zayn, him and I are just friends. He was my first best friend and is my only true best friend. Nobody compares to him. Not even my close friend, that I have a massive crush on, can compare to him. Oh, that close friend is Hunter Hayes. I friggin' love this kid. He is so funny.

But Zayn is a whole other story. With him, I talk to him sometimes and I feel my stomach flutter as if there were butterflies in it. It's weird. When he smiles, I smile. When he laughs, I laugh. When he is upset, I'm upset. We text all the time, but I can tell through the texts what he feels. Normally with responses are a little longer, so when they are short, hes upset or mad. When they are extremely long, he's happy or excited about something. I can't help but find myself thinking about him at random times. Hunter tells me all the time that I fancy him. I disagree. I tell Mr. Hayes that it's (A/N OMG SOMEBODY'S HEARTBREAK JUST CAME ON MY RADIO!!! I'M FREAKING OUT IN MY BED AND CRYING AND SINGING ALONG!!! LISTEN TO 92.5 XTU TO FIND HIS SONGS AND OTHER COUNTRY MUSIC! if you're not from around the Philadelphia, Pennsylvania area I'm sorry. It's a Philly station....) just because he was my first friend. The first person to know about me. Also, the one who helped me start this career, but lately I have been starting to doubt my own theory. I think I might fancy Zayn, but I'm not sure.