Chapter 16

Ashley’s POV

A few hours later…

I woke up at a decent time now. Well, it’s better than earlier. 8:47am, stupid dream.

Well, I guess that I will call Lottie soon. First, I want breakfast. I’m starving! I get out of bed and change into a casual little outfit. Just jeans and a cute green top.

I turned around to head out, but stopped and went back towards my bed. Due to the fact that a certain boyfriend of mine is still sleeping, I decided to do some gymnastics, sort of. I hopped on my bed and at the top of my lungs I started singing the wake up song while jumping up and down over top of Zaynie.

“Ughh, Ashley, get off of me. Go do something useful with your day.” He groaned. Wow, grumpy much. That kinda hurt too. I mean what if someone told you to go do something useful, but you’re already extremely successful and do useful things all day every day? Wouldn’t that hurt? And it did because I was going to do useful things. First of all, I was gonna cook a nice breakfast. Second, I was going to attempt to possibly save my little sister. Third, I have interviews and a signing later. I have a lot of useful things to do all day. With that, I kicked him in the side and left before he could even realize what he said was wrong.

I decided I was going to skip breakfast now because I lost my appetite at the thought of Lottie. Well, it a little after 9 now, so I should call her.

I picked up my phone and dialed the number for my house, my old house. I made sure I put on restricted too, just in case because this is Crystal’s cell phone. I rang four times before someone answered.

“Hello? This is Jay speaking?” Crap, I got mum. Quick, Crystal accent (Italian accent)!

“Hello, is there a Charlotte Tomlinson available?” Please be a believable accent!

“Yes, I’ll get her, but may I ask who is calling?” Monkey balls. What do I say, Oh!

“Just a friend from school,” Smooth. There was silence on the other end for a few minutes. I started to get worried. Then I heard her.

“Hello?” she asked.

“Hi, is this Lottie Tomlinson?”

“Yeah, why?”

“Are  you a fan of Crystal Grant?” Please say yes, please say yes!

“Yeah,” She sounded confused.

“Uh, have you recently entered in any contests, or have any of your friends entered you?” There was more silence. Oh no, this isn’t going to work.

“Yeah. Oh my god… DID I WIN?” Excited much?

“Why yes, yes you have. Crystal would like to meet you at the Starbucks on Main Street in about a half an hour. Is that okay?”

“Yeah! OHMYGOD! That’s perfect, tell her I’ll be there!”

“No need to, you just confirmed it with her. I’ll see you there in a half an hour!” With that I hung up before she screamed. I quickly grabbed my purse, left Zayn a note, and left. I don’t care that I’m mad at him, he should know where I am if he were to get worried.

Plus, to make him feel bad, the note explained, briefly, my dream about Lottie and that I was going to possibly save her life. Also, that he better not be there when I come back with Lottie. I decided if my dream was true, I should tell her my secret. She deserves to know that her older sister will be there for her if she needs me.

At Starbucks

I sat down at a table in the back corner. Makes it easier for me to not be recognized. I wait for Lottie to come. A few minutes later, I see her. She’s grown up so much. Gosh, I hate being away from her. I quickly scrambled to get up and rush to her side.