Chapter 16 Promise

Disclaimer : I do not own Skip Beat!

"Cooooo~rn!" Kyoko laughed in delight. Inside the gift box she was holding, there was a crystal fairy figure. It was carefully crafted to be fairly resembled Corn, it had tinged of yellow on its head, the wings were very colorful yet transparent.

"I see you like it." Ren smiled.

"Ooooooh... I love it. Thank you!!!" Kyoko, overjoyed by the present, jumped out of her chair and hugged him.

Hearing gasps from the people around them, Kyoko stiffened and immediately drew back, or tried, coz Ren held her tighter and laughed. "No backing of now. People know. I'll announce it officially later. Now enjoy the parade of gifts from your awaiting friends, Koi!" Ren kissed her forehead and let her went back to the chair.

One by one, the guests came and congratulated both Kyoko and Maria. Soon, the gift boxes piled up around their chairs. Everyone laughed and clapped together and all that time, Ren never even once left Kyoko's side. He ignored the quizzical gaze people threw him and kept smiling, unabled to hide or deny the happiness he felt inside seeing his Kyoko happy.

Lory, who was standing behind the thrones with Ren suddenly came forward, holding a microphone. "Ladies and Gentlemen, another guest has come. Let's go and give them a warm welcome." Lory pointed his arm towards the entrance and two golden carriages, pulled by four white horses on each, could be seen.

Kyoko was completely enthralled by the scene and squealed in delight, mumbling something that sounded like "King and Queen Fairy are here" and danced lightly. Ren smiled and approached her, draped his arm over her shoulder and pulled her closer.

"Wanna take a look?" Ren whispered.

Kyoko enthusiastically nodded her head, "Hm!"

"Let's go there." Ren guided her, together with Lory who carried Maria in his arms.

Trumpets were blown, announcing their arrival. The carriages' doors were opened. From the first carriage, a man wearing Majestic clothes looked very much like a king, was none other, Takarada Kouki, Maria's father.

Maria screamed and asked to be put down. She made a graceful curtsy and ran toward the man as soon as he smiled and returned the curtsey. "Papa!"

"My dear, Maria! Thank you for inviting me today. I'm very happy to see you." Kouki carried and hugged her tightly, tickling her by kissing all over her face.

Kyoko smiled at them happily but she suddenly turned her head when she heard people's shocked gasps. Ren chuckled lightly on her ear and whispered, "Happy Birthday, Koi. I'm happy your present got here safely and in time." Puzzled, Kyoko turned toward Ren, intended to ask him. But she caught a glimpse of the person got out from the carriage.

"Kyaaaaaaaaaaaa...." She screamed as she recognized him, then another scream when she saw another person haughtily guided out.

"Mom! Dad!" Kyoko ran off to them, forgot that people were watching.

Kuu and Juliena Hizuri, majestically dressed as King and Queen with all its attributes like crown and robe, stepped out of carriage. Kuu laughed heartily, he caught Kyoko and lifted her up and made a full circle before putting her down and kissed both of her cheeks.

"My birthday daughter, are you happy?" Kuu asked, held her at arms length.

"Overly!" Kyoko nodded and then turned to Julie. "Mom!"

"Happy Birthday, darling! I wish you happiness and love!" Julie hugged her.

"Oh, Mom! Why didn't you tell me you'd come. I didn't even know you're in Japan." Kyoko pouted.