Chapter 1 Fate Treats Me Kind

Disclaimer: I do not own Skip Beat! It's all belong to Nakamura-sensei. I'm merely borrowing its character... Hope you enjoy.

Italic means the inner thought of the character

'I wondered. Moko-san told me before, she saw Tsuruga-san with an extremely troubled face. Though I told him not to worry, he's still looking out for me. Haaaah... After the big cry, then the war declaration, and even the short report, of course he would be at least wondered. Trouble at work, eh? What kind of trouble would make him hold his head in his hands? How could I ask? The only one knew about his trouble was Bo. I wish I could go to him or at least call him, but I don't know how I should ask.'

Kyoko was in deep thought. She was helping at Darumaya shop, but her mind was never far from the thought of Ren. After hearing from Kanae that Ren was slumping and having a troubled face, Kyoko kept thinking of the best way to ask him about it.

Running some ideas in her mind of talking to her beloved senpai or going to him and ended each of them with a deep sigh.

'Tsuruga-san is going back to Guam for final stretch for Cain Heel tomorrow evening. Box-R final filming is also tomorrow and everyone has to be there. No matter what I think, it's an impossible situation. Oooh... This is frustrating, even though Tsuruga-san can so easily bring my spirits up, I can't even figure out how I can do the same for him.'

Clearly, deep thought was not compatible with moved around. While trying to bring the shop sign down and thinking in the same time, it's bound to happen that one of them would fail. The shop sign was slipped from her grip and went down straight towards her head.

"Aaahhh!" Unconsciously yelped, Kyoko closed her eyes, braced herself for the impact.

Nothing happened. She could feel the soft material on her face. Absolutely not the kind of feeling she expected. She slowly opened her eyes. She saw an outstretched arm holding the banner above her head. She sneaked a peek behind, wondered who might her savior be.

"Tsu- Tsu- Tsu- Tsu- Tsuruga-san?!"

A dazzling smile suddenly appeared on his face and a deep voice answered, "Hello, Mogami-san! How do you do?"

'It must be a dream. The banner must've hit me dead on my head. What a dream! My imagination certainly great. The voice was exactly his. No wonder Corn imitated it easily.' Kyoko stared at the face in front of her. Absolutely mesmerized by the beauty of the face that haunted her mind constantly.

"Mogami-san? Are you okay?" Ren was worried, looking at the blank face in front of him with a slight blushed cheek.

Hearing her name called, Kyoko blinked and looked right into Ren's eyes.

"Real Tsuruga-san?" She asked dreamily, raised her hand to cup his face.

"Is there a fake one? Why, I didn't know! How did you find him?" Ren asked jokingly, happy that she didn't push him aside.