Chapter 15 Second Happy Grateful Party

Disclaimer : I do not own Skip Beat! or any characters in it.

Author's Note:
I was in a huge dilemma, whether to celebrate Kyoko's birthday first or launch the movie premiere first. After thinking really hard that it burned few brain cells of mine, I'll go with birthday first. 😆

...Six months later

December...

Kyoko was in the president's villa, with Maria, Lory's granddaughter, and her LoveMe friends, Kotonami Kanae and Amamiya Chiori. It was Christmas Eve, they were getting ready for their second Grateful Party.

Unlike before, this year, the Happy Grateful Party would be celebrated along with Maria's and Kyoko's birthday from the start. Lory told them that they could have their party however they liked and let them used one of his villas.

A week before, LME held an official Christmas Party with all of its grandiosity, top models, rising stars, well-known bands, popular singers, hotshots directors and of course the most famous actors and actresses. Technically speaking, all kinds of celebrities were present.

Thanks to that, the party Kyoko and Maria held could be a little more private than what they had last year. The guests were only the closest people to both of them.

"Nee-sama, when will Ren-san come?" Maria asked Kyoko as they walked together to the massive kitchen.

"Is he really coming? I heard he got stacks of Christmas Party invitation." Kanae added.

"Come on, as if he would miss Maria's birthday, let alone his precious girlfriend's." Chiori cheerfully added and drew laughter from all of them.

"He said he'd made sure he will be here before midnight so he got to celebrate your birthday, Maria-chan." Kyoko turned to Maria, then added, "He was already being grumpy about all those invitations Moko-san, said that he had fulfilled his obligation party and the rest weren't so important." Kyoko chuckled as she answered their questions.

After coming back from US, Kyoko told her friends about her relationship with Ren without telling them his secrets. It's a miracle that their relationships remained private up to this day. Maybe because they didn't have much changes in their interaction in front of people and their unbelievably busy schedule made them hardly ever meet in public. Only a few selected people who knew and helped them set up some meetings, mostly at his place.

Maria took the news about them rather easily, just nodded her head and said, 'Hmm, I think it's fine if it's Nee-sama.' Kyoko was so worried before as she knew how Maria attached to him and often chased girls out of him.

Kyoko started to check on every preparations made in the kitchen and left the decorations to Kanae and Chiori, meanwhile let Maria handling the guests' list.

The party would be officially begun at 9 pm so it left a little time for them to get ready after they finished with their part of preparations. Fortunately, the dressed had been prepared in advance and since it's more like a private party with close acquaintances, they didn't need the glamorous kind of make up. Amazingly, they were ready in only half an hour.

"Nee-sama, I'll be out and waiting for the guests." Maria yelled from her own dressing room

"We'll be there soon." Kyoko answered. She helped her friends finished their get up and went out to welcome the guests together.

At Lory's main house...

"Mom! Dad! Thanks God you make it. I was worried. I miss you." Ren rushed towards Kuu and Julie, hugged them.

They came to Japan especially as one of Kyoko's birthday presents that Ren had prepared.

"How could we not? It's our precious daughter's birthday and I have the whole 18 times to catch up. Besides, it's Christmas." Julie patted her son's back.