Chapter 25

Darcy *

A smile spread on my lips as my Daddy passed me the strawberries and my bear. We were having a picnic. Me, Daddy, Zayn and his mommy. The sun was out but the air was a bit chilly. I wore a knit sweater and a beanie. Daddy always teased me, when I would be older, he told me I would be a total nerd for the outdoors. I giggled and shook my head in denial.

"You and Zayn should go and play, Daddy will be right here." I nodded and put the basket down. I brought my teddy to my chest and grabbed Zayn's hand.

I began to skip, while he occasionally tugged me back. Zayn is a bit better than me, he's three years older. He's seven and I'm four.

"Do you know what mommy is gonna do to daddy?" I stopped and faced him.

"What's she going to do?" My bottom lip began to tremble.

"Well, she's going to escape. And she'll take me with her."

"Mommy is bad." He yanked me hard, we coldly looked at each other.

I began to choke. Bubbles of water began to form. My throat was stratchy and it was hard to swallow. I gasped for air, and tried to free the hands around my neck.

I couldn't see the figure pinning me down because there was too much commotion.

Little dots began to form. My stomach was in twists. Zayn couldn't be doing this. Not right now.

·-·-·-·