Chapter 2

"Hey, are you okay?" My head snapped towards the voice. I let out a relieved sigh.

"Yeah, I'm fine." My voice cracked.

"You don't look so well. How about you take the rest of the day off?" Before I could respond, Finn gave me a smile and waved me goodbye.

I walkes into the employee room. I slipped on my jacket, and knit beanie. I gave the rest of the workers a goodbye, and headed out the door.

The crisp autumn air bit into my skin. I tugged my clothing closer, needing an extra warmth. My thoughts trailed back to what happened earlier. The same questions, filling my mind.

What did he want? Why did he chose me? What was he going to do to me?

I jumped, as I felt someone beside me. I looked up, meeting Zayn's gaze. How did he get there? His lips cracked into a smile. I froze.

He pulled off his coat, and placed it over my shoulders, clipping it securely around me. I weakly smiled, the warmth wrapping around me.

We continued walking, in silence. We began to reach a small park. We sat on a red bench. The wind lightly blowing, leaves falling.

"Why are you suddenly interested in me?" I broke the silence. I turned, to now face him. "Why do you want me?" His gaze met mine. His eyes held mine, with intensity. His lips slightly parted.

"There's something about you, that reminds me, of myself.." His big hand pressed against my cheek, lightly caressing. "You're innocent, like I was.." His began to suddenly fill with tears. His lips began to twist into a frown.

Something was hidden in his eyes. A dark secret hid behind his gaze.

I brought my hand up to his, holding it in mine.

"I don't understand.. You're hiding something from me.." I whispered, my eyes planted on the ground. His grip, tightened.

His features were hard. I met his gaze, frightened by his action. His eyes softened. He slipped his hand from mine, leaving my cheek, stung.

He stood, and began to walk away. He took one last glance at me, before turning around, and continued his walk.

I sat on the bench. His presence lingered. I closed my eyes, still capturing the scene.

~ * ~