Chapter 15

| A/N: Still Zayn' POV |

A knot tightened at the base of my throat. My breathing became shallow.

My feet shook as I stepped onto the wet floor and grabbed a towel. I wrapped it tightly around me.

Darcy,.. Is my sister?

I shakily made my way to my bed.

I've kept having brief flashbacks, throughout this week. Suddenly, my mind has gone blank. No more memories.

A vibration.

I looked over to my phone. It slid into my hand. It blinked pictures of Darcy and I. She was calling me.

I didn't pick up.

The pictures faded. The screen blinked, 10 new notifications.

Four missed calls, and six text messages. All from Darcy.

How was I going to explain to her, that, we we're brother and sister?

I ran my hand through my wet hair.

What will happen to Darcy and I?

~ * ~

It's been nearly two weeks.

I haven't spoken to Darcy. It was just like we met. She kept trying to get in, but I never let her.

She's kept trying to talk to me. To get me to actually look at her. But there's no point. I can't see her the way I used to.

I can't let my body fall upon her curving lines. I can't watch the way her body moves, naturally. I can't feel the innocence, I felt before. I can't smell the intoxicating fragrance of hers. I can't, love her.

"Zayn, I know you're probably going to erase this message, and not care to listen to it. But, I'm letting you know, I'm leaving. My dad has decided he can't keep his work and still focus on me. We're moving to London,"

There was a silence. Her voice, ceasing. I can imagine the tears slipping down her angelic face.

"I'll be leaving tomorrow afternoon. And,"

Another silence. She was having an inner battle. A chuckle left my lips. Even if I couldn't see her, I can imagine her.

"I keep getting my hopes up, to see if you will tell me what happened. But, you haven't. Was it me? Did I do something wrong?"

In the background I could hear Darcy's father, asking her to hang up and continue packing.

"I have to go now," Her voice whispered. "I love you."

The call ended.

That was it.

The final sound of her voice.

A tear rolled down my cheek, as her voice ring through me. I stood in my place. My grip around my phone tightened.

I froze.

It was happening again.

The frenzy.

~ * ~

* Darcy's POV

We turned in our tickets and made our way through the doors.

"C'mon sweetheart." My dad encouraged. A weak smile on his lips, he knew I was waiting.

I had an odd feeling. My stomach was in twists. I didn't want to get on the plane. Yet, I didn't want to stay here.

I took one last glance behind me, wiping away the slipping tears.