Chapter 21

* Zayn

I heard the shower water go off. I rolled over and groaned.

I walked into the bathroom and saw Darcy about to wrap a towel around herself. She nearly hit me when she saw my figure leaning against the wall with a smile tugging on my lips.

"Zayn! You scared me!" She rubbed her temples. I was about to say a cheeky comment but worry took over.

"You only do that when you're stressed. Is something bothering you?" My voice was raspy. I walked closer to her, my hands limp on her waist. She looked up to me.

"My dad. He's coming back today." I nodded remembering he was off to work in another state. Her bottom lip was being bitten and chewed.

"What's the worry?"

She stood quiet for a while. Her cheeks tinted.

"Last night." She whispered. I chuckled and pulled her into my arms.

"Don't worry babe I won't make any jokes or anything. And I have to be a good boy anyways." I replied, topping it with a smile.

"Thank you, I, I think that'd be good and is there a specific reason?" I shook my head and released her. I walked over to the sink and grabbed my toothbrush. Just before she could leave the room, I have her bum and a littel smack, making her walk faster and giggle.

Once showered and dressed I headed downstairs. I found Darcy in some sweat pants like shorts and a tank top. She was cooking breakfast. The sweet aroma in the air.

"Smells delicious babe." She smiled widely. I was about to grab some supplies to help her cook when she suddenly hit my hand with the spoon.

"It's my treat. I want to test out my cooking skills. Please?" She gave me the littel pout and I couldn't deny.

I held my hands in surrender and sat in my seat and awaited for food to be served. While Darcy cooked, I got an amazing sight. Her chestnut brown hair was wavy nearly curly. It hung midway down her back. Her shape was visible and it gave me a bit of lust.

Really Zayn? It's still morning and you're thinking like this? Not the way to go pick up your girlfriend's father with dirty thoughts.

I shook my head, mentally scolding myself.

Darcy turned around and faced me with two full plates. A wide smile on her lips.

"Dig in." She happily said. I grabbed my plate, and ate. Trying to keep the thoughts at the back of my mind.

Darcy placed our clean dishes in the shelves and leaned for a kiss. I pecked her, several times. She giggled. I pulled away smiling widely.

"I have to go pick up your father now. Wait here?" I pleaded she stayed here. She nodded.

"Okay, and do you know where to pick him up and everything?" She asked carefully. I pulled out all the directions and information.

I waved goodbye and locked the door. I jogged to my car and made my way down to the road.

~~

*Darcy

I slump into the wooden chair exhausted.

I had cleaned the whole house, dressed in a new dress and the food had just finished cooking. It was all served and I looked at my watch. Five more minutes.

I had littel butterflies fluttering in my stomach. My breath was uneven and my hands all sweaty. I was really nervous. I looked one more time in the mirror.

Something was going to happen tonight. I don't know whether the good or bad but I had a feeling. This was the first time all three of us sat down together, without yelling or arguing.

The sound of keys was light and I sucked in a breath of air. Here we go.

There was odd chatter between Zayn and my dad. They were sharing, a laugh? Oh no. Something really bad will happen.

My dad came in sight and I walked into a long hug.

"I missed you so much sweetheart. I'm sorry I left and wasn't excused to be able to come back. Please forgive me." His big hands held mine, his eyes beady.

"Dad it's okay, I understand." I leaned in and he played close attention. "You should thank Zayn, he took care of me throughout the plane crash, even though he was hurt too." My dad nodded and turned to Zayn. "Thank you." He held onto Zayn's shoulder and sincerity was in his eyes. "I really appreciate it."

"It was my pleasure."

We all shared smiles and gathered in the dining room to eat.

We soon finished and moved into the living room. We lingered in the room, just talking and catching up with each other.

"I'd like to move into the patio." Zayn stood and my dad nodded.

"Go ahead."

Zayn scratched the back on his neck.

"You need to assist this gathering." They shared a conversation with their eyes and my dad smiled.

What was happening? Or more, what was going to happen?

There was fireflies dancing upon the grass. The sweet scent of honeysuckle filled the air. My father stood behind me, arms around my waist. Zayn stood before us. A littel notecard between his hands.

"Our love story isn't like the rest, I'll admit. We started as the innocent girl trying to figure out the bad boy. I slowly let you in, and now we're bound together. Our story goes back when we were children, since I met you, there's not a day I regret. There's not a day I don't wish to have you beside me, to love you, to hold you. You and I have a trail of events that have made us grow as one. There's some days I regret being such an arse to you and I'd to ask you to forgive me. Overall all the mistakes I've done, I love you. I love you more than my own life. You've taught me things no one ever has tried. You've shown me to love, to smile, to be a better person." He got down on one knee and continued,

"Today, before your father, I'd like to ask if I could have your hand and make you my dear wife. Darcy Rose Andrews, will you marry me?" Zayn ended his speech, standing and his eyes slowly meeting mine. His hazel eyes glimmering with tears of his own and his lips trembling.

Tears streamed down my face. I looked around the scene. Everything was perfect and - I walked into his arms and held him tight.

"Yes, I'll marry you." I whispered. He held me tight and let go of the breath he was holding.

··

The following morning, Zayn and I had a meeting with a wedding planner. My dad and him had secretly been putting this puzzle together. How could I have not noticed?

The woman was writing down the final details to our wedding and looked up to us when she finished.

"It's all set. You're wedding will be on July 26." She smiled, we returned it. We said our goodbyes and left.

We walked into the car, slipping in and Zayn started the engine. His hand held mine as he began driving away from the building. The wind had a gentle breeze.

We came upon a red light and Zayn faced me.

"I can smell all the excitement and nerves off you." He teased. I foolishly gasped.

"Am not." I stated. His eyebrow rose and he chuckled.

"I love you." He leaned in and kissed me deep. We continued even with the loud honking of the cars behind us.

~·~

Author's note;

awh, what did you guys think? School is starting tomorrow (on Friday since it's like 1am lol) I promised a long chapter and here it is :D there's some things I wanted to tell you guys!

I have a ship name for Zayn and Darcy. Zarcy :) credit goes @oreosauros thank youu I love this suggestion :)

Also, maybe there will be a sequel? *shrugs* maybe, maybe be not? I'll take suggestions.

Well guys please please PLEASE comment your suggestions, thoughts or just a simple comment :)

Oh and don't forget, Be Addicted ♡