Chapter 24

* Darcy

His hand held mine as we walked down the street. An soft drink from Starbucks in my hand, as a coffee held in his free hand.

"I'm surprised you're not being hauled by fans, and all some hate." I brought up a subject that we barely spoke of.

"I'm a different person than I was then. Fame wares off as the enthusiasm of it become less."

We came to a stop, a small red bench sat in front of a beautiful gaze of a lake.

"It's been a while."

"Everything seems as if to be in the past." He added.

"Zayn, if we hadn't met, what do you think would've happened?" I tried meeting his gaze, the sunshine blocking my view. I couldn't complain. The light made him even more perfect.

"I would be a Most Wanted legend. Ripping heads off and still being uncaught. I may also have women slipping on and off my arms, whenever I went. But yet again, I would be how I am."

A chilling knot twisted in my stomach. He noticed and let silence take over.

"Darcy, are you sure you want to marry?"

"What makes you ask this?"

"I've never told you the complete truth of my ways."

"I've never asked because, when the time came, we'd have to talk about it."

"Now is the time." He met my gaze. His light hazel eyes watery. He quickly stood out of the moment and continued. "I'm a killer." A brief silence.

"Darcy, my mother was known as a black widow. Her husbands where erased the map, by her own hands. She was taken by the hand, by who knowns how many. My mother, wasn't the best. She grew up, adopted. Not a clue of her original family or life in general. She grew up on her own. Life was cruel with her, and mold her into what she became. A butterfly who's wings were scratched, bitten, ripped and partly burned. She wasn't supposed to have kids, ever since that encounter, but she did. Two and a half. Lindsey, my elder sister, was the result of that scar. My mother had her celled away, as a punishment. My mother did have happiness; she had me." He paused, taking a sharp breath. Somewhere within me, I had a feeling, a scratching beneath my skin, a chill running over and over again up my spin.

"Laced with me was, you." He continued, his voice nearly inaudible. "My father had adopted you and you soon were with us. I became your older brother, too much of a loving one. My mother took you away, placed you far. You and My father. I was punished. I truly saw what she was. I am what I am thanks to her. She wounded me to the point, I would barely stand, barely breath. She grew a rage, that itself couldn't be contained. A bitter smile spread on her lips as she saw me snap for the first time. I nearly broke a group of girls into dust." Tears ran down his face, and he seemed to choke out the words. "Darcy, I sincerely am a monster. Every little thing, every emotion that brings back those days; triggers the urge."

"I've even been nicknamed, The Ripper." He pressed his lips together and closed his eyes shut tight.

He lasted a while and opened his eyes. He met my gaze and I knew it.

He saw, through me. I'm scared.