She's About To Cry

London’s POV

“Why does it feel like I haven’t spoken to you in ages, when I reality, it’s only  been a couple of days?” Carter exclaims while looking down at me on the floor. I could actually agree on that with him.  We  barely talked last week and I honestly don’t know why. I think part of the reason had to with him being absent for like three days. It’s sad, because he could’ve been sick or even hurt and I didn’t have a single clue in the world. That would make me receive the worst friend of the year award in a heartbeat. But then again,  Carter’s that type of person that would be dying in the inside and still pretend that nothing is wrong with him.

 “It probably feels like that because you haven’t.” I say, while rolling my eyes playfully. I glance back down on the wooden floor and grab my right foot for my converse and slip in onto my foot. I have a love hate relationship when it comes to gym, but that love has slowly drifted away since they magically transferred into my class.

I look up from my eyelashes and glare at them momentarily. I’m never seen shorts so far up someone’s ass before in my life. Brooke might as well just walk around naked if she’s showing that much skin, leaving nothing to the imagination whatsoever. It doesn’t make it even better that Lori is the exact same in appearance.  I’m positive that she dresses like that willingly. I feel myself about to smile as I look over at Natalie. She’s actually wearing yoga pants like me and a shirt that slightly shows her midriff despite them, skin galore. She has self-respect, so why the hell is she even hanging out with them.

I tie the last of my shoelaces and get up, with the help of Carter’s outstretched hand. I thank him and pull my shirt down.

“So how was your weekend?” Carter asks, smiling. I’m not sure whether or not to talk about the amazing fact that my cousins came over or the fact that Harry was reunited with his long lost sister. Both were two remarkable events that happened.

I’m actually so happy that Gemma is back in Harry’s life, he looks the happiest I have ever seen since my two months of knowing him. I can’t believe how beautiful she is and she looks so young. If they were walking down the street, you’d think she was Harry’s little sister, not the other way around. It’s funny.

“It was great, thanks for asking. My baby cousins, Chelsea and Kelsey came over. I don’t think you’ve ever seen them before. How about yours?” I ask, with a smile. I wish the girls could’ve stayed over longer and didn’t have to leave so soon. Harry, Gemma, and I all had a great time with them at the icecream parlor and when we arrived home. It’s weird, but it actually felt like we were a family in a way. If had mentioned that to Harry today,   he probably would have been like, “I told you so”. Too bad he isn’t here today, he’s spending the day out with Gemma to catch up and he plans on taking her out shopping. That’s probably the cutest thing I’ve ever heard in my life.

 “Their names sound awfully familiar, but I don’t recall meeting them, as you said. My weekend was quite good, a friend of mine had a barbeque. It felt like old times when we were reunited.” He says, smiling over at me.

As Carter and I are talking, I can’t help but feel Brooke’s eyes on us the entire time and it’s getting annoying. What could she possibly be staring at for god’s sake. I make eye contact with her and she sends a cunning smile my way. My eyes are slit together as I look at her. She doesn’t fool me with that smile any bit. A part of me wants to stick my middle finger up at her, but I decide against it.

“Okay, class!” Ms. Robin’s voice calls over us. Carter and I look over in her direction as she begins to speak.

Please don’t make us run