15. The Doctor

A/N READ THIS OR THE CHAPTER WILL NOT MAKE ANY SENSE AT ALL! Okay, so the following chapter will be set in the past and will only focus on the army. It is to give you Draco's backstory, but if you'd prefer to start where you left off, go to the end.

Now, on with the chapter.

Third Person POV

Chaos paced back and forth in the throne room, running his hands through his hair.

"Chaos, what are we gonna do? Three of us are down, and apparently normal Doctors can't heal us." Luke Castellan said from the corner of the room where he stood. In a recent battle, Silena, Bianca, and Beckendorf had been hit, the first time anyone in the army had been injured with a wound that was life-threatening. Unfortunately it was only now, all too late, that they found out about what happened when members of the army were resurrected. Apperently, their genetic coding changed. There DNA was altered. And now, no one knew how to treat them.

"I don't know. If this was a new species of animal, people would just study them and do tests and learn how to treat them over a number of years." Chaos replied.

"We don't have years right now! We have to get a Doctor that can treat us, and fast." Luke said. Chaos looked at him darkly.

"You aren't suggesting..." He trailed off.

"Look, I know the risks that come with using magic and potions on those... things, but we need to think of our own right now. They come above everything else." He said. Chaos laughed, though there was no humor.

"Those 'things' are people. This is someones life you're talking about! Imagine what it would be like for the child! Knowing that the only reason you were created was other people didn't have to lose someone! Besides, that would take years as well, as we would have to wait for them to grow up." He said.

"Unless they came out already old enough." Luke suggested. "Look, I know it's not ideal, but it's not like they would be a one shot wonder. They would join the army themselves, and also sense they'd already have the knowledge and magic, they could bless one other person with the knowledge, in case something happened to them." The more he talked, the more Chaos started to see his point. He sighed.

"We'd best get down to the adoption center."

***

Let's get something straight. When I say kids who get adopted on planet Chaos don't have parents, I mean it literally. Not like their-parents-didn't-want-them-but-they-still-exist-bjologically type thing, I mean that they literally, do not have any biological parents. On planet Chaos, the native creatures are immortal, and somehow incapable of natural procreation. No one knows how they came into existence, but over the years they had learned how to synthisize children in a lab through advanced science and a tiny little bit of magic, with no sperm, and no eggs. How exactly that works, no one has any idea unless they work at am adoption center, or know someone else who does.

Anyway, after the child is created they stay in the lab until they are grown into babies, which only actually takes a few hours, as a result of a machine used to fast-forward the aging process. Sometimes though, parents will use a potion on the child while it is growing, in order to give it certain skill sets.

Which is what Chaos and Luke are going to do. Problem is, the more potions used, the more they risk doing something to the child, like giving it four arms instead of two, or something like that. Their risking a lot. They have one potion to make him a good person, someone who cares about others. Another potion to give him powers and make him strong, like the rest of the army. One to make him smart, aware of what has to be done, and able to make split-second decisions, wise, and able to tell the difference between justice and vengeance. And finally, another potion to make him a Doctor. It will make him able to treat anyone and anything. The thing about this potion was that it only worked on babies for some reason, hence what they were doing.