12. "Kill her."

Third Person POV

The great hall was uncharacteristically silent this morning at breakfast, as everyone was far to anxious to converse. They thought it was over. They thought they were done. They thought this war had ended. They thought they were at peace. They had thought wrong. Then, inexplicably, a smoky figure came through the window which had yet to be fixed from Draco's supposed kidnapping. The figure which could be nothing other than a death eater landed at the front of the room, right behind the owl podium from which Dumbledore once gave speeches at the beginning of the each year.

 The figure which could be nothing other than a death eater landed at the front of the room, right behind the owl podium from which Dumbledore once gave speeches at the beginning of the each year

Finally able to see who it was, everyone who recognized her - which was a good many amount of people. She had changed slightly, but it was still undoubtedly her. Her brown-ish black hair went halfway down her back, and her dark eyes seemed almost worried, like she was certain that whatever she was about to do would be next to impossible. Her pitch black robes fell to the floor, covering everything from the neck down.

"Parkinson!?" Came the demanding voice of Hermione, who looked almost murderous. "You must have some nerve, showing up here. And alone nonetheless!" She sounded just as mad as she looked. Pansy looked like she was expecting this.

"I'm sorry, but I didn't have a choice. If I had stayed, I don't even know what would have happened to me!" She sounded regretful of something... scared, even.

"What are you talking about? What did you do?" Harry asked. He didn't like Pansy, but if he allowed someone in need of help to be given the cold shoulder, he'd be as good as the death eaters.

"I-I tried to free him of the imperious curse... I tried to help him and... and it didn't work! I got caught, and I came here, I... I didn't know what to do! I didn't know!" Pansy's eyes teared up a little. "I didn't know..." She repeated in a whisper.

"You - who? Pansy, we don't know who you're talking about, who's under the imperious curse?" Harry walked up to Pansy at the front.

"I just couldn't keep helping them, I mean after finding out about his mother, I just-"

"Pansy!" Harry interrupted her. She breathed in sharply and looked Harry straight in the eyes, a if reality had finally sunk in. "OK," Harry said, having finally gotten her attention. "Who are you talking about? What happened to whose mother?" He asked. She took a deep breath.

"Draco." She said, much to everyone's confusion. Annabeth scowled at her plate distastefully at the name of that traitor. Harry furrowed his eyebrows. "What about Draco?"

"He's innocent." She said. "That's a lie!" Someone said from the crowd. To many peoples confusion, it was Annabeth. Whispers spread through the great hall. Wasn't she his friend? Or, I thought she cared about him... And, Wait, who is that?

Annabeth ignored them all. "Draco is a traitor. He used Sectumsempra on Leo Valdez, someone he claimed was his friend!" She sounded hurt and angry and... broken, almost.

"Annabeth..." Came another voice. Everyone looked over to the owner of the voice, Percy Jackson. "What!?" The grey-eyed half-blood asked.

"Maybe - erm, Pansy was it?" He asked, looking over at Parkinson, who nodded. He looked back to Annabeth. "Maybe Pansy is right. Maybe she's telling the truth." Percy said. Annabeth narrowed her eyes.

"What?" She asked, her tone deadly serious. Percy became unsure of himself, rubbing the back of his neck with one hand.

 "Well, i-it's just... I mean, it doesn't make any sense! It doesn't make sense, OK!? He... I mean, you know I hate that guy. But I still don't think he would do what you said he did. Even if he had rejoined the death eaters, why would he attack Leo?" He asked. Annabeth became frustrated.

"Because! Because - he-he... ARGH!" She threw her hands up in exasperation.

"Because Lucius Malfoy used Imperio on him." Someone interjected. The whole room became deadly silent, like a ghost town. Everyone looked at the speaker - Pansy Parkinson.

"What?" Hermione Granger asked.

"Remember when someone sent you warning of a death eater attack a week ahead of time?" Pansy asked. Everyone nodded. "Well, it was Draco." She said. More silence followed, though Pansy broke it again. "Problem was, someone saw him. Lucius used every torture spell he knew trying to make Draco agree to return his loyalties to the death eaters, but it didn't work. Draco never wavered, he stayed loyal to all of you. When Lucius officially claimed him to be a blood traitor, he decided Draco's punishment should be mental. So he used Imperio on Draco, and ordered him to attack his friends, which is why he used Sectumsempra on... Leo, was it?" She asked Annabeth, who nodded. The blonde girl's eyes were watery. "That's why he used Sectumsempra on Leo. At this point, I was already doubting the death eaters. But then I found out something that just pushed me over the edge." Pansy continued. "You see, it didn't go unnoticed by me that Draco's mom, Narcissa, wasn't there. I asked Lucius what happened, and..." She trailed off, as if it was hard to get out the next part.

"And what?" Ronald Weasley asked, already with a creeping suspicion. Pansy took another deep breath.

"Apparently... she had been having some doubts about the death eater cause... and Lucius... he killed her." She said. "Then, I tried to free Draco. But it-it didn't work... and now... I can't go back there anymore." She said. Annabeth couldn't beleive it. She couldn't stand herself. She had lost faith in Draco so quickly, without a second thought. She had been his friend! How could she have done that to him! She was terrible...

BOOM! The ground shook lightly. Everyone looked outside. They were here. The whole Hogwarts population went outside to the courtyard, where the death eaters stood parallel to them. They were like two sides of a chessboard, an small rectangular strip of land between them, each waiting for the first move to be made. Lucius Malfoy was leading his pawns.

"Well, congratulations Pansy, for you have just sealed Draco's fate. Now that people know he did not betray them, I will just have to use guilt as his torture, rather then regret." He said. "Get over here!" He demanded. From the back came forward Draco. His face was blank, almost like a robot. Lucius smiled cruelly. He pointed to Annabeth.

"Kill her."