14. A Yellow Glow

Third Person POV

Twelve people were in a room all minding their business and talking to each other, when a portal appeared in the middle of the room, and out of it appeared Draco Malfoy, or rather, Draco Ohonson. He fell onto a brown coffee table which sat in front of a couch, effectively breaking the table, and landing with a thud, and one girl yelped in surprise.

"Is that... Draco?" One guy asked. Another went up to the blonde boy and kicked him over onto his back, as he had landed facedown. As they saw his face, one girl said, "yep, that's him alright."

"Why isn't he moving?" The girl next to her asked. The guy who kicked him onto his face knelt down next to him and poked him.

"I think he's dead." The guy said this as though it was no big deal - which to them, it wasn't. He checked for a pulse. "No heartbeat. He's gone." The guy talked as though this was some kind of joke.

"Well I guess we should deal with that. I'll go get him." One of the girls said, leaving the room. Everyone else simply just continued what they were doing before Draco came through the portal.

***

Back at Hogwarts, Annabeth was distraught. Madame Pomfrey had authorised her to take a week off of school to grieve and come to terms, but it just made her angry to have to go back to school at all. Why did there have to be a time limit for her grief? Even if she had to keep going on, even if the world couldn't just pause, why couldn't she at least grieve for as long as she needed? Why did people keep telling her to move on?

Why did she have to move on?

But that wasn't even her biggest question; why did Draco even die?

She knew why, but for some reason, she couldn't help but ask.

***

A girl entered a room with eleven people talking to each other and one dead body (Draco). Behind her stood a man in a black monk robe, his hood down, revealing hiz pitch black hair, with eyes that looked like stars. All conversation ceased to exist as soon as they walked in.

"He's here?" The man asked. The girl who came in with him nodded and pointed to the broken coffee table, where the corpse of Draco Ohonson lay. "Excellent." He said. The man walked over to Draco and scaned him with his powers.

"D'ya know how he died?" Asked a guy from the crowd. The man nodded. "Killing curse. Pretty easy." He said. Everyone else nodded. The man waved his hand over the corpse, and it began to glow yellow.

Then in a second, the growing faded out, and Draco gasped as color returned to his body, his blood circulating once more. His appearance returned to the way it was eight years ago, before Hogwarts, which was only slightly different. His hair just became black, and there wasn't any hair gel in it, so it was rather like Percy's or Harry's. He looked around very alert of his surroundings, when his eyes settled on the mystery man. "Chaos?" He asked. The man smiled. "Welcome back, Draco."

Okay, I know it's short, but I had to do this for the next chapter.