Chapter Fifty (Epilogue)

Chelsea patches Maggie up and she is now resting in one of the rooms upstairs.

The rest of the group is sitting around the living room. Violet sits beside me and I'm beside Rick. Chelsea is beside Daryl, who is holding Autumn. Carl is sitting in front of me, leaned against my legs and holding Judith. Everyone else is scattered across the living room.

No one is really saying anything. But I honestly don't think nothing needs to be said. Everyone is still pretty much in shock. Still trying to let everything process. Still trying to realize what they just did.

I know I am.

I killed nearly 20 people today. I nearly lost my life several times. And all over a community. Yeah that's a big thing now a days, but we could have left and I wouldn't have had to kill everyone that I did.

But I'm glad I did. I'm glad we stayed and fought. Because if we wouldn't have stayed and fought, then we wouldn't have shelter. I would still be that girl who was terrified to get blood on her hands.

But that's how this world is. You either kill or be killed. You can't trust anyone in this world except family. Whether it's blood or not.

This world is different. This world is cruel. It will try to make you crumble, it will try to destroy you. Sometimes it will work, but before it does you must learn to fight through it, learn to ignore what this world is trying to do and focus on doing whatever it takes to  survive. Even if it means you've got to kill.

I will. I will kill for the people in this house. I will do whatever it takes to keep them alive and safe. To keep them protected. Just like I know they would do whatever to protect me.

After all, we are each other's protection.

So? Please let me know what ya think. This is the end of Protection and everyone, including me, will just have to wait and see if I want to write a sequel. I hope y'all enjoyed my very first FF just as much as I enjoyed writing it. Love you all!