Chapter Forty Three

---sorry that my updates are slowing down. School started back and I've had an ass load of hw every night. Plus I had surgery on my thumb and couldn't type for a while. But here's the update, and I hope you enjoy.---

"Let's have some fun, shall we?" A thick country accent rings through my ears and my heart rate quickens dramatically.

Shit.

I don't dare to try and turn around. I stare at Carl and see the pure look of being scared and angry all over his face.

"Put the gun down." Abraham orders.

"Now why would I do that?" The man asks.

"You have it pressed against her back! But the damn gun down."

"Watch the attitude, red. Remember, I have a gun pressed to her back." The man says with a smart ass attitude.

"Look. Whatever you want, we most likely don't have. So, can we please just part ways?" I ask and hope for the best.

"What we want, you most definitely have." He whispers in my ear. "What we want is weapons. Ammo. Ya know. Basic necessities nowadays. You hand it over, no one gets hurt. You argue, refuse yada, yada, yada, blah, blah, blah...pretty girl right here gets a bullet through her back."

Carl's eyes widen even more, if that's even possible, and the man notices, because he chuckles.

"As a matter of fact, I change my mind." He pushes me to the ground and grabs Carl.

"No! Let him go!" I yell and jump to my feet. I grab my crossbow, load it and aim it at the man's head. Only to see three guns aimed right back at me.

"Awe, how sweet. Mom to the rescue." He says as if he's talking to a baby. He then puts his pistol to Carl's head. I can't loose him. I look to Abraham and he looks back at me. I mouth and 'I'm sorry' before turning to the man

"Okay! Okay, I-I'll give you my weapons. Just...just let him go." I try. The man smirks.

"Not just yours."

"Okay, fine. All of ours. Just let him go."

"Weapons first."

"No. I want my boy first." I say without realizing that I called Carl 'my boy'.

"Not happening, princess."

"Then you get no weapons." I shrug. The man rolls his eyes and pushes Carl to the ground as hard as he can. Carl hits the ground with a grunt. I'm at his side in seconds and hold his face in my hands.

"You okay?" I ask. He nods and sighs. I kiss his forehead, help him up and turn to the man.

"Hand 'em over."

Sighing, I hand my crossbow over along with my pistol, ammo and one of my knives. Abraham hands over his weapons, glaring at me the entire time. Carl hands his weapons over and glares at the men.

"Nice doing business with ya. Maybe we should do it again sometime." He smiles. I glare at him. "No? Well...have a nice day." He says before laughing and leaving with his three men.

Turning, I head in the direction of the gun shop.

"Really, Danielle?" Abraham groans.

"What? It was either give up the weapons or have Carl dead. I don't know about you, but I rather give up my weapons than have Carl dead."

"I don't want Carl dead either, okay? I'm just saying we could have killed them and still have our weapons."

"No. There were four of them and three of us. One of us would have died. So no, you're wrong. There wasn't a way around it. Plus I still have one knife on me." I say and grab the knife out of my boot and put it in the holster on my hip. Abraham sighs and stares ahead.