Chapter Ten

Chelsea's POV

I climb up the tree beside the gates and jump to the other side. I look around making sure no one seen me before running through the lodge grounds. I search the lodges on the far end for anything I can use to write Danielle something.

I run out of a lodge and into another and stop dead in my tracks. Holy hell.

There are weapons covering the walls and tables. Whatever gun or weapon you can think of...it's in this lodge. I look around the room in amazement before getting back to what I was doing.

Paint. Something. I need something. I search the back rooms and surprisingly...I find red spray paint.

It's around two O'clock in the morning, so I'm more than sure everyone is asleep. So I have nothing to worry about. Smiling to myself, I run back to the gates. I shake the can before taking the top off. I begin painting my message.

After I get done. I throw the can into my bag and climb a tree before jumping to the other side of the gates. Before I walk off, I stare at the walls and sigh. I turn and leave, keeping an eye out for walkers.

Danielle's POV

"Dani, wake up." I hear. I sigh and open my eyes. Daryl is bending down beside the bed, looking at me.

"Chelsea was inside the gates." He whispers. My eyes widens. I glance over my shoulder and see Rick sleeping soundly. I look back at Daryl carefully get out of the bed. I quickly put my boots on and follow him outside.

Chelsea was inside the gates. How the hell did she even get in? I run behind Daryl and he leads me to the gates.

'Just out of sight. C. S.' is spray painted into the wall beside the gate. I turn to Daryl and he looks at me.

"Just out of sight? What does that mean?" Daryl asks me.

I shrug and think. Just out of sigh. Just out of sigh of the lodge, maybe? Of course it would be out of sight of us.

Wait! Just out of sight. We normally don't look up in the trees. She's hiding in the trees.

"She's in the trees." I say and head for the gate. Daryl stops me.

"How do you know that?" He asks.

"Just out of sight. Meaning we can't see her and we never look above us unless we hear a squirrel. Which is rare. So, she would be hiding in the trees so we don't find her."

"Come on, then." He says and opens the gate. We begin walking, making sure to look up as well as in front of us.

Neither of us say anything. Both of us are determined to find Chelsea. I glance up at the trees and look around. I don't see anything. Maybe I was wrong.

We walk for hours and I'm sure someone back at the lodge is up and wondering where we are. But that will have to wait.

Me and Daryl continue to search for Chelsea. We look everywhere and don't find her.

"This isn't working." I comment with a sigh.

"We're going to find her." He assures me.

"When?"

Daryl stays quiet before finally speaking up, "I don't know." I sigh and turn around.

"Where you goin'?" Daryl asks.

"Back to the lodge."

"Why?"

"Because we haven't found anything in hours. What's the chances of finding something later today?" I say. He sighs and walks the opposite direction of me.

"I'm not giving up." He comments. I look at him in disbelief.

"Who said I was?" I ask. He stops and turns to me.

"You just decided to quit looking. Obviously you are."

"For the day, Daryl! Just because I quit looking for the day doesn't mean that I'm giving up on finding her!" I yell. He doesn't say anything. He just glares at me before starting to walk away. I walk the opposite direction and glance back. It's obvious that he's pissed at me, but he'll get over it. He eventually does.

"Help!" I hear. I turn and see Daryl looking at me. We both look at each other, waiting for the other to react.

"Come on." Daryl says. We both begin running in the direction we heard the voice.

---#Just A Filler Chapter. Sorry about that. So, sorry about last update. It only had one chapter when I usually post two. I'll make it up to ya though. (You're welcome, Chelsea.) I'll post three. And sorry about this update being late. I had to write three chapters for y'all, so it took me a little longer. Don't forget to tell me what y'all think. Suggestions are welcome as long as they are polite. Anything rude will be deleted. Js. Love you all.---