Chapter 36

Blinded with pain I could really do nothing more then lie there and moan. I could not even move for the slightest movements verynearly killed me. Quite litterally. I was sure my rib had fractured inwards puncturing my lung maybe for not only was I painfully caughing out blood but I also had real difficulty breathing that I was sure wasn't just from my sore throat.

So I laid there in pain for I know not how long. The sun was setling in all burnt out for the day before I felt my pepped up energies finally depleting. It was almost as if the tired out sun took it away with it on to bed. I had tried numerous times to let it go to pass it back on to Cody even but as I hadn't a clue how I got a hold of it in the first place I had no way of returning it. My attempts at it was futile. I had even at one point managed to start a small flame on a brough just hanging over Cody's head.

I was for once thankfull for being so close to tge ledge for a spray from the falling waters nearby managed to soak off the flames. How that spurt of water reach here I had no idea.

I was just so fed up of the not knowing who I was, what I could do or how to do it. I hate having to always fumble about clueless and this thing I have continually surprise me. I know I had spent most of my life first oblivious then cautious with it and pretty much ignoring it for the most part. But I cannot do that anylonger. I really must exert myself to train and figure out how to harness this thing. It was evident Cody did not have this ability. Maybe it was gene that passed down the females of the specie but he had wings and my mum didn't. I was sure my dad would have noticed if she did.

I don't think we were of the same specie. I just had so many questions. It was giving me a very large headache. In fact, I think its a full blown migrane. Just what I needed yet another pain to add to my list.

But perhaps it really was what I needed to make the pain go away. The familiar black spots appeared in ny vision. By now a familiar sign I was about to pass out. I thankfully embraced the darkness that crept over me.