Chapter 23

"You are talking rots! You have no idea what it is you want in on. Your mother is vital to our cause, you are not," He said stonily.

"What is your cause? Let me remind you that it was you who came looking for me in the first place. I knew nothing of you of any of you.." I start to say before he rudely cut in.

"And now you do, know of us that is.. let me tell you that you  know nothing! That little fiery debacle you saw  only weeks back is just the start. If we don't find Aina we all might not even live through a third fiasco of the like," he exclaimed angrily down at me.

"Third? What was the first? Wait...you saw me there? I thinkk I recall you somewnat but it was after..it was your eyes. Green like yours," I was incoherently stuttering in nervousness and rambling on by now but the confusing events of that night when my soul had been literally ripped out of my body to join the unwitting mob that literally flung itself into a fiery inferno to battle only god knows what was still as fresh in my mind as if it had happened only yesterday despite my best efforts to ensure the contrary.

"It was how I found you. I had been looking for Aina in that mob but you broke away to stare straight at me. I recognised you as her kin. You have  similar signatures, patterns, if you must know. Aina knew we were on the hunt for her and kept well away, illusive even in her ethereal form. She kept slipping away to merge herself and hide with others. But she knew you were there, it was my tracking her that led me to you. that meant that she had to have been in the vacinity watching, she had to have known that I had spotted you. She would have known I would come for you that is why I have been camping out here, stalking you. I was hoping to catch sight of her, a scent of her, a sheer gimplse even. But so far she has remained as elusive as ever. Through you I will find her. But when I saw those CIA make their move I new time was running out. I had hoped you might have some direct answers to her whereabouts but it appears not. My best bet would be to return you to your home and let the CIA take you. Aina will have to come out of her hiding then. She would have to come for you and she may even come to us voluntarily for our help," he smirked down at me.

I felt a bile rise up at his diabolical plan. I would be a puppet luring my mother to her prey either way, in a last effort to save either one of us, I say,"What makes you think she'd care enough to come at all. She apparently faked her death to get away from us. Why would she come back at all?"

But all he did was widen his smirk in reply.