Chapter 13

The palm reaching out before my face was large and beautiful, just as beautiful as the body it was attached to. I hesitantly placed my hand in his and gazed up into the most handsome face I'd ever seen. 

"Hi, my name is Cody. I am a new student here. Sorry I knocked you down. I did not see you there until you bumped into me," he said without an ounce of remorse or even meekness as he offered up the appology in the  most uniq accent I'd ever heard. His tone was deep and almost musical.  He hauled me up onto my feet without any effort at all. I simply stood there gaping at him just as Stef was continuing to do the same at my side.

"Ariane? Are you all right?," came another deep barritone one I was bent on avoiding at all cost.  Kay came into view for really that was the only way I could see him, it was really that impossibly for me to look away from this Cody.

"Ariane?" Ilke an annoyance that he was, my total concentration over the devine god before me was disrupted. I was almost thankful. I kept my gaze away from his too beautiful face after that. Instead. I looked direct at Kay and told him in no uncertain words, "You stay away from me!" Then, I turned to grab Steff's arm and tug her along after me. She snapped out of the trance she was in some mere ten paces away. I regretted it instantly.

"OMG! Did you see him? Did you see just how gorgeous he was? Oh my God!," she was hyperventilating. It was rather odd. Steff was usually ever cool. She was never ruffled. It seemed my kidnapping had ruffled her a little more then she was letting on. I looked at her a little worriedly as she continued to ramble on over handsome Cody and kidnapper Kay. After a while, I drowned her out with my own busy thoughts. None of those were pleasant either. I ignored the new crowd of on lookers that had gathered about to take note of yet another spectacle I was the center off to make my way to my lockers. I had to check what was my first lesson for the day. I was always sadly out of it when it came to things like schedules and such.

Gripping Steffs arm, I made sure she came along. I was not certain of this new frivilous frame of mind that she was in and was determined to do what I could to stir her along the right path back into her usual unhappy and disgruntled state of mind. That is thoughts more in line with my own and Craigs.

"Hi Craig!" I said as we pass him on to our lockers.

"Back from the dead I see. Welcome to the land of the living. Your return is duely appreciated," said ever unruffled Craig. I beamed up a bright smile at that. Craig was good at cheering me up. Putting things back into perpective for me. My short term memories worked well in that favour too for I'd almost already forgotten my encounter with handsome Cody and kidnapper Kay.

"You and me girl, gotta talk," said Craig mimicking I know not who, I grabbed my books for my first lesson and gave Craig an absent nod. Steff filled him in on the details, "Tonight, her place after school." Hearing them bicker and banter, made me realise I did not want to do this alone anymore, that no everyone was a useless, kidnapper Kay who ran away and deserted you in light of you being a strange one. These two would stick by me. I was almost sure. I'd been hesitant to talk about this before, but then there had been no real need. But I was certain all these strangeness that has been happening of late was all linked to this special skill I have and not in a good way.

Thinking these engrossing thoughts I made the same blunder of before. I was back on my ass, this time in the busy corridor with everyone rushing about to their classes around me and before me is my 'wall' yet another, hunk of guy. Sadly, his gorgeous good looks that otherwise would have held me spell bound could not come close to the godlike good looks of Cody. This time I did not gape, and I even flung up my arm to insist he haul me up. He did so without preamble.

"So sorry! I'm not usually so clumsy. I really didn't see you. I am new here. Could you point me to a Mrs Gravers class," he said.

Great! He was good looking and in my next class.

"I'm on my way there, you could walk with me. What's your name? I'm Ariane," I said as I made my way to Mrs. Gravers. He fell into step by my side and we walked on somewhat companionably.

"I'm Mark. Mark Johnson. I am an exhange student for this semester. I'm boarding with the Dick Mitchells, I'm not sure if you know him" he said.

"I don't." I concurred and left it at that. We were already at the door, so I gave him a polite smile before I made my way to my seat.