Chapter 15

It was the last thing I had expected to see. I trained my disbeliving eyes to the happenings on screen. It was bloody and gruesome and entirely alien. I turned those same eyes back to Craig, "Really?" I looked at him doubtfully. But his mad grin only widden.

The footage he was showing me had "people" moving about what appeared to be the Himalaya's attempting to evacuate it. It was being filmed by a young sherpa boy and his friends as the evacuation proceeded. There was a momentary scuffle with some local sherpas and those 'people' and yes blood and gore eventuated. It seemed those 'people' did not appreciate being jumped on. I could not even see what they did in return, it was just that quick but the results was woundeds sherpas were now scattered accross the snow littering the pure white with stains of blood.

The evacuation continued as if nothing had gone on amiss. Our presenter then stuck his horrified gaze right at the camera lense and jabbered on something that whomever, loaded this up on the net had not the curtesy of translating. Then the screen went blank. The vedio was over.

I looked on to my best bud for enlightment.

"Don't you see?" he said with some exasperation, "those are aliens! The Himalayas was evacuated by some mysterious people right before that meteorite struck the mountain, causing a blaze that not only melted the snow piled on it into avalanches and floods but also wiped out all villages that littered the mountains right down to the valleys in which the floods errupted.Its all over the news. It has been for the last few days. That refugee from the mountains is at present in the Rajesthani deserts of India in a camp that litterally sprang up overnight. No one is admitting to ownership of it. But the food supplies there are endless and almost automatic. Reporters from all over the world is swarming the place trying to find out what happened, how they got there, who rescued them. Thats how this footage from the serpa got loaded on. Web rumor has it that the government, don't know which or if all, but the government didn't want the press to leak the spill so this footage went up annonymously by teh disgruntled reporter who commandeered it from that sherpa."

That was the longest speech I'd ever heard off my best bud. By now, I was truely worried about him. He had lost it. What he was implying was insane. But then by default I am a non-entity. This is way too much shit for me to handle. Unknowingly, I voice that out, "You're shitting me."

"I shit you not," came his suave reply.