Chapter 34

I was shaken awake before we even touched down. Feeling disoriented I looked about me vaguely not recognising the waterfall I was standing right before. It was a precarious perch and I realised I was on a clifs edge. I stumbled back in fear of the drop before me and hit into a wall of pure muscle.

The sight of the drop brought back to me what Cody had done to those poor CIA guys.

"You murdered them in cold blood!" I exclaimed still in shock over what he had done.

"Will you quit harping about that. They're just two. The numbers I've killed with my bare hands alone is more than you can evet imagine so just shut it already. Besides, humans are puny fragile things I literraly just killed them with a flick of a finger. You guys were not made to last."

I stared in shock. This was getting really old.

"Look I cannot let you simply go about killing innocence," I started to explain but was rudely cut off.

"Who is going to stop me, you?" he asked as he begun to crowd me back to the ledge. That made me mad. I will not be bullied by him or anyone although the fall below was not looking at all appealing I would rather take the plunge instead of deal with this piece of shit.

But I had one last thing to try first so I liftef my hand up as if to shove him back but instead the blue flowed out frommy palm and slammed right into him. In an instant Cody was brought to his knees. With an ugly snarl of rage he tried to push back and break free but I prevailed. Then a scream of pain tore out of him and I jerked back releasing the blue in fear I had unduely hurt him.

He was on me an in the next instant. His bluff had worked and I was in trouble if tbe choke hold he had against me was any indication.