Chapter 22

*2 weeks later*

Cameron's POV

The project is over, which really sucks because we had to go back to school, but for the most part I was relieved.

I can now spend more time with Bianca.

She's still in the hospital and would apparently be for a while.

She is being prepared for a surgery soon, but the doctors are really concerned about the fragility of body.

She isn't eating much of anything anymore and had almost slipped into a coma last week.

*Flashback*

"Babe, you have to eat something." I said, pushing the chicken fingers and fries at her.

She looked at me and shook her head, pulling the sheets to cover her face.

I pulled the covers off of her quickly, making her groan in annoyance. And she thinks I'm not annoyed?

"Listen to what the doctors say. You have to stay healthy physically, meaning you have to eat 3 times a day." I told her.

"No." She rasped, turning her body in the opposite direction of mine. If I couldn't get her to eat, then she at least would have to be active.

"Bianca?" I asked. She muttered something but I couldn't hear her.

"You haven't been a mobile for a while. What about we take a walk on the roof, hm?" I asked.

She was reluctant at first but eventually agreed. I smiled in victory as I helped her up out of the bed.

I took in the appearance of her slim body and gasped. Why is she doing this to herself? Does she also have an eating disorder?

I held her hand as we started to walk down the hallway, getting smiles from the doctors and some of the other patients.

We made it up the last stair and I smiled at her. "How does it feel to finally be out of your room?" I asked.

She smiled faintly, "Great."

I realize that it's probably hard for her to smile, probably because she one, she didn't want to or two, she physically couldn't but I it didn't matter two me, the tiniest twitch that showed she was trying is enough.

I went over to a get out chair and sat her with me.

I promised her that I'll stay by her side and I wasn't going to break it, even if it meant sitting here together in silence.

After a few minutes, Bianca clutched onto my chest. "What's wrong?" I asked. Her eyes rolled to the back of her slowly and I started to panic.

"HELP!" I yelled. Seconds later, a group of nurses ran over to Bianca, checking her vital spots and rushing her down to her room.

It was one of the scariest days of my life.

Thankfully, she got through it without slipping into that unresponsive condition.

It was definitely a miracle, I could feel it. The doctors had come right on time, if not I'm not sure what would have happened and I didn't want to think of it.

*End of Flashback*

I walked into the hospital, getting greetings from the doctors. Most of them know me by name now and they treat me really well.

They always gave me compliments, like about how mature I was being for staying near Bianca through such a difficult time. I guess that's what love is.