Chapter 21

Cameron's POV

I paced in the hospital hallway, confused and scared.

Why did she pass out?

Is she going to be fine?

What if she's not?

My thoughts were interrupted when I heard a loud clacking of heels on the floor near me.

"Where is Bianca?" A young woman, maybe in her twenties asked.

"She's being treated now. The doctors told me to wait out here."

She nodded, about to go to the front desk but I stopped her.

"Excuse me, but may I ask who you are?" I asked.

"Oh sorry, my name is Brandy, I'm Bianca's older sister." She tried to smile, letting her hand out for me to shake. I did, looking at her features. She does look exactly like Bianca, besides a few things.

"Nice to meet you, I'm Cameron." I said.

"Cameron! Oh... Bianca has told me so much about you." There was an awkward quietness, until I spoke up. Maybe she can tell me the truth about Bianca.

"Do you mind if I ask you a few questions? It's a few things that have really been bothering me." I asked. She nodded and we both took a seat.

"Bianca has been keeping a lot from me. I don't know what cause she always makes an excuse. But she's been crying, sleeping, and not feeling well a lot. She refuses to tell me anything and I am really worried about her." I sighed.

She looked at me, sorrow filled her eyes. "She didn't tell you, did she?" She asked. I shook my head.

She sighed and looked up at me. "Are you very sure you want to know?" She asked again. I nodded, eager to understand.

"Bianca has been through a lot. It all started when our dad was forced by the government to go to the military. She was a daddy's girl, so she was the most depressed out of all of us. She waited and waited for him to come back but he never came back on holidays or any day. After about 2 years of no answers from him, my mother and I gave up hope. We thought he died, and the government didn't contact us about it, but Bianca still had hope. She has been waiting for 10 whole years for her dad to come back. She still cries about it sometimes. She thinks it's her fault, that she let him go, even though he had to. Seeing her like that hurts." She sighed, hanging her down.

I never knew.

That's terrible. Her own father goes away and never comes back. "I'm so sorry." I whispered.

"But there's way more to her story." She started off.

I looked at her, telling her to proceed.

"About 3 years, after our father left, my mother went into a state of depression. She wouldn't eat, speak or even go to work. We begged her to keep on trying, and she tried for a while but that wasn't enough. She got caught up with drugs and died of overdose eight years ago." Tears brimmed in her eyes.

How could anyone go through all of that and still be this strong? "I don't know what to say." I mumbled, feeling guilty for even bringing this up.

"And there's one more. It's really big." She said. I raised my eyes to hers.

"You don't have to tell me." I said, getting up.

"You'll find out sooner or later." She motioned for me to sit back down. I sat down, waiting for her to continue.

"Bianca has gastric cancer. Apparently she doesn't have much more than two years at most." She sobbed. A lump in my throat formed, making it hard for me to breathe.