Chapter 19

Warning! From here on out this story contains mature language here and there and a few details pertaining to self harm. Proceed with caution.

********

San Diego- Day 21, Midnight

Cameron's POV

I stroked Bianca's curly hair as she started to drift off to sleep. It was now 12:50.

She's normally asleep way before now, but she'd stayed up with me tonight.

"Are you asleep?" I asked. No answer.

I sighed, picking her up in my arms and laying her on the bed.

I hurried and grabbed my sweatshirt, pulling it over my head.

I got my key card and closed the door behind me, making my way to the pier.

**

I sauntered through the pier, looking for this mystery guy.

I know relationships are built up on trust but I just wanted to be sure about Bianca. I needed to be.

I looked out into the pitch black darkness. Why did I not bring a flashlight or even my phone? I mentally facepalmed myself.

I walked further and further through the pier, until I saw a light post. I ran over to it and grabbed the note stuck to its surface.

Just a little further, and you might just know the truth about your little princess.

I rolled my eyes and walked further as instructed, following the other light posts ahead.

After two minutes, there was nothing left but darkness and the ocean.

I groaned, getting frustrated. "Okay, whoever you are, come out!" I yelled.

"Hello Cameron. Long time, no see." A person stepped out from the bushes nearby. It was completely dark so I couldn't see the person at all.

"Alright, who are you? And why have you been invading my life?" I yelled.

The person laughed loudly, "No need for you to know that. I'm just here to let you know about your girlfriend's secret." The person growled.

"Then tell me." I said.

"Let your hand out." The person demanded.

"Why?" I asked.

"Just do it!" He yelled. I let out my hand to the person's direction and he placed an object in my hand.

His silhouette then faded away into the darkness.

I felt around what was in my hand, feeling plastic. I touched what seemed like the top and tried to hold it to a light.

It was a pill bottle. No label, but it had one capsule in it. It was big.

Does she take these?

I sighed, now confused and I made my way back to the hotel.

I need an explanation.

Bianca's POV

I woke up, crying rivers. Something was wrong.

I could feel the fibres of something tickling my face so I opened my eyes to look at my pillow. My eyes widened.

What the hell?!?

Several lumps of my hair were sprawled out on my pillow under me.

I bawled out hysterically over and over again, clutching at the top of my head.

My hair... gone. It took forever for me to grow it this long and now there were splotches of it missing. It was the only thing I ever thought to have any type of beauty on myself.

So now I'm going to be left a hairless, even more ugly beast.

I held the strands of my hand, trying to muffle my cries.

"Baby, what's wrong?"

I quickly ran over to get a bag and put the hair in it, shoving it behind the nightstand.

He came into the room, rushing over to me. I quickly but casually put my hood on my head.

I crawled into his lap and allowed myself to cry in his chest.

He cradled me in his arms and like usual, he tried stroking my hair to provide comfort, but I immediately stopped him.

"Nothing, I'm fine." I said, getting off his lap.

I hate lying to him, I really do but if I told him, all I'd do is scare him away.

"Just stop!" He yelled. Oh God.

"Stop what?" I asked, a little taken back from his yelling.

"Stop lying to me! You're always crying, always sad. Just tell me the truth!" He said, getting something out his pocket.

My eyes bulged as I saw him bring back out a pill bottle, my pill bottle.

I've been looking all over for it.

"Well, are you going to tell me what this is?" He asked. I shook my head.

I can't tell him.

"Please?" He asked again.

I shook my head another time and pointed to the door.

"Cam, nothing's going on, alright? Good night." I said.

He refused to go and instead brought me close to him.

"Why can't you just tell me what's wrong" he whispered, getting quieter than before and cupped my face in his hands.

With every passing day we grow closer and closer. I feel like I'm leading him on but how could I just tell him?

It's not that simple to just share my secret.

I can't.

Not to him, not to anyone.

"I'm so sorry Cameron. I just c-cant do it." Tears formed in my eyes once again.

"When I thought we could tell each other everything." He got up and walked out, slamming the door behind him, causing me to sob uncontrollably.

He wouldn't understand.