Chapter 11: Alpha Male

Mount Justice
September 23, 06:34 EDT

After the attack by the reds, and Tornado's subsequent betrayal, or hacking, who knows with an android, the team were shaken.

They sat around at a table, excepting Aqualad with Batman and Kara with Superman, while the League rebuilt the base, and tried to calm their tempers.

Supergirl stood off to the side with her cousin trying to discuss how they managed to figure out where Kara lived, and send a kryptonite bracer there.

"I'm not sure, but maybe T. still had a link to Red Tornado's memories. I haven't been exactly quiet around some of the League" her cousin admitted. She couldn't blame him, they all trusted Tornado before, and look where they were now.

"It's not your fault, we couldn't have seen this coming" she smiled at him "besides, they were obviously smart enough to recognise me as the greatest threat" Kara flexed arm arm for humorous effect, but it was still true. She was technically the biggest powerhouse of the team, so the Reds must have found a way to target her specifically.

"Keep thinking that way" Kal chuckled "you should go sit with your friends, I think it's time I head home" Kara nodded and hugged her cousin one last time before returning to her seat with the team.

Green Arrow placed a bowl of pretzels in front of Kid Flash, and Black Canary placed a somewhat pitiful cupcake with a singular candle in front of Supergirl. It was probably to make up for her birthday yesterday. Kara thanked her and slowly began to pick away at it.

"Thanks, but no thanks" Wally said, pushing the pretzels away.

"What we want are answers," Robin said.

"What happened with Red Tornado?" Kara demanded

"Yeah" Wally agreed "leave the bowl" he muttered as Green Arrow tried to take them back.

"We're working on it," Black Canary reassured. "Batman has placed it as his highest priority."

"You knew?!" Superboy roared out of nowhere. He ran at Aqualad, who had been discussing with Batman off to one side, and pinned him to the wall "That android and his maniac family nearly killed M'gann!"

"Okay, first of all Connor they almost killed all of us but, what happened?" Kara stepped between the boys, prying them apart.

"Kaldur knew we had a traitor among us and said nothing!" Conner told her.

"You knew!?" Robin asked incredulously.

"And didn't tell us!?" Wally demanded.

"I sought to protect the Team from-" Kaldur started.

"Protect us from what!?" Artemis cut off angrily. "Knowledge that might've saved our lives?"

"Enough," ordered Batman.

The team grudgingly shut up, and listened to the Dark Knight. "With Red Tornado... missing, the team will now be overseen by rotating supervisors. Captain Marvel has volunteered to take the first shift."

A man walked forward. He was a big and as well built as Superman, and had on a red, white and gold outfit, with a large lighting bolt on the chest.

"Red Tornado is a member of the Justice League. That makes him a League responsibility. You will leave it to us." Batman threatened.

Multiple screens popped up displaying a story about the Gotham Mayor being attacked "I have another assignment for this team."

"Gotham Mayor Attacked by Guerrilla Gorilla?" Wally read aloud.