Chapter 3: Welcome to Happy Harbour

it was very late at night in Star city, and Brick had his goons unloading some kind of illegal cargo own by the docks. But he wasn't counting on the intrusion of Star's newest independent hero, Speedy.

Two of the thugs were carrying a case of guns between them, when an arrow hit the ground below them with a thud, and burst into a thick cloud of smoke. They began coughing and spluttering, dropping the case in the process.

Brick pulled out a handgun and aimed it upwards, where the ex-sidekick watched from above.

"You again!" He shouted "i'm startin' to get insulted Green Arrow isn't messin' up my operations himself."

He fired, and Speedy dodged every one of the lasers. After a few dodges, the archer fired an explosive arrow at the large man, which detonated and tore his suit to shreds.

"You know how much I pay for a suit in my size?" Brick roared "scorch the earth boys" he muttered to his thugs, who nodded and pulled up their weapons, only for two to be tackled by a yellow blur, and the another pair to be hit by birdarangs, a familiar cackle filling the air.

Aqualad used his water-hilts to form whips so he could attack two more, and Supergirl froze the last ones to the ground with her breath, before kicking them in their faces.

Brick began throwing large rocks at Speedy, who dodged each to fire an explosive arrow at the large man. He replied with another rock.

Supergirl flew up and made the rock explode into dust using her heat-vision, Speedy firing a smoke arrow at Brick again.

"The cave is perfect" Aqualad told Speedy, hopping up to meet him.

"For covert missions, y'know, spy stuff" Robbin added, swinging over to them on a grapple hook.

"And wait till you see Superboy and Miss Martian! but I saw her first!" Kid Flash told them, sprinting over.

"You wish Kid Dingus" Supergirl rolled her eyes "but seriously, it's awesome" she told Speedy.

Brick interrupted by throwing yet another rock at them, which the Atlantean broke with some water-maces, followed by Speedy firing three explosive arrows at the villain to no success.

"Heh heh, tell Arrow he shouldn't send boys to do aman's job" he said, making the blonde alien scowl.

Speedy readied another arrow, and Brick goaded him to fire. He did, and soon Brock was smothered by a thick red foam.

"High-density polyurethane foam! Nice!" Complimented KF.

Speedy walked away without a word.

"So Speedy, you in?" Asked Robin.

"Pass" the archer told them "i'm done letting Arrow and the League tell me what to do. I don't need a babysitter or a clubhouse hangout with the other kids. Your junior Justice League is a joke. Something to keep you busy. And in your place" he stalked off "I don't want any part of it."

The boys stared at him helplessly.

Mount Justice
July 18, 11:16 EDT

"Recognised, Robin: B0-1, Kid Flash: B0-3" Robin and Kid Flash warped into the mountain, wearing civvies, and made their way towards the others who were watching a computer intently in their casual clothes.

"Did you ask him?" "What did he say?" They asked.

"He's arriving now" Aqualad told them.

"Then what are we waiting for!" The three boys ran off to greet Red Tornado, followed by the clone and aliens, the girls flying behind.