Chapter 66: Mail Man

Pharaoh dropped me home and when he did, he gave me a kiss and it felt unlike other kisses...mainly because he burped but it made us laugh and he thought that I would be mad. I made my way to Kia's school and when I got there, I found her and we started walking back home.

"How was school?" I asked her.

"Nice. We got to write poems." she said. 'What about you?" she asked me.

"Alright." I stopped, why lie "Actually it was pretty annoying but nothing that serious." It was still a little lie and I wish I could tell her everything but she's a little girl.

When we got home I made her do her homework and started working on my own. I was trying to sit there and just get it done but I was full of distractions with thoughts on how this all happened. How Sonali was toying with me all this time.

My phone vibrated and I wanted to ignore it after looking at the caller ID and I did. I heard my mother come in and greet us, not knowing where in the house Kia and I were. When I responded,my phone vibrated again.

I sighed and answered the call, "Hello." I mumbled into the phone.

"Hey...Heaven can we talk?" she asked me.

"I guess." I said.

"Good. Can I come over or something?" Renee asked me.

I made a face and looked around, "Sure." I said to her without emotion. I gave Renee my street address and the house number and patiently waited for her but with my heart racing. 'What's wrong?" my mom asked me.

"I'm waiting for someone." I said to her as I looked out of the window.

"Pharaoh?" she asked me.

"No...a friend." I told my mother hoping that she would stop asking me questions.

"How are things going between you and Pharaoh by the way?" my mother quizzed me.

"Things are great mom. Perfect." I tried to shut her up.

"Are you sure everything is fine?" she asked me as she touched my shoulder.

"Yes." I answered. My mom looked at me and half smiled and I sighed. I didn't mean to push her away or make her think that things weren't fine. Things are kind of bumpy with Pharaoh and I because I am so worried about everyone else that I'm not focusing on him and he thinks that I don't care.It's hard Pharaoh...it really is because there is just so much to deal with but I care about you. A lot.

I saw Renee's full figure walking down the street, she stared down at her phone and then looked at my house and looked around her. Probably not used to this setting. I opened the door before she rang the doorbell and stunned her. She stepped back and looked at me, "So you really do live here?" she asked me.

"What does it matter?" I asked her.

"Because that means you're a liar because you acted as if things were good and you lived around Richmond...not this deadly place." she said immediately causing a conflict. Things are still kind of hot between us being that she never apologized and we stopped talking on bad terms.

"Are you going to come in or get shot?" I asked her heightening the consequences of being an outsider around here a little too much. Renee came inside and I walked straight to my room and made her follow me. She stopped by the door frame and I told her to come in and she closed the door and I sat on the bed. Renee looked around again before she sat on the bed and looked at me.

"I don't even know where to start Heaven because you may not believe me since I haven't been truthful either." Renee sighed and shook her head.

'And you're right about that. I may not believe you, but I want to hear you talk." I told her.