Chapter 39: Jealousy

After school today, me, Isaac and Amir decided to go to the mall to buy some Christmas presents. Isaac was in search for something to buy for Sabrina and I was looking for something to get Renee.

We went to some store with mostly female clothing. "I don't know what to buy." Isaac said.

"Get her some guy, baggy cargo pants, a crop top and some combat boots. She wears shit_ like that, right?" I asked him as I picked up this jacket for Renee.

"How do you know that?" Isaac asked me.

"That's the type of clothes she wears. Trust me she'll like it." I said as I cashed the things I got for her.

We left that store and started walking around, "Amir, what are you getting for your girlfriend?" Isaac asked.

I turned around and looked at the smirk on Amir's face, "Who's your girlfriend?" I asked Amir.

"Heaven." Isaac laughed.

I stopped them both, "You go out with Heaven? Since when?" I asked him making a face.

Amir sucked his teeth, "I don't go out with her but I'm thinking about it." he said.

"Thinking about it? Why?" I asked him.

Amir shrugged, "Because she likes me too, why wouldn't I?" he asked.

"She likes you? And she acts like she's too stuck up to talk to you?" I asked him as we kept walking.

"That's not true, she talks  to me. Yesterday.....she almost let me kiss her but she wasn't sure yet so she said no." Amir said.

"Oh." I said. Isaac sensed something probably and changed the topic. I don't really have a comment to make.

"I'm just going to buy her something sexy for Victoria's Secret." Isaac said.

"Girls actually don't like that. It makes them feel like your buying them something to show their place in a relationship." I said.

"Write a fucking_ book." Issac said slapping the back of my neck.

We finished getting all that we had to get and started exiting the mall. "My grandmother better like all of this stuff. Every time I get her presents she always tells me that I didn't have to." Amir said.

As we talked, I noticed a familiar figure. I saw a group of guys walking in the entrance and saw Kyle straight away. His hair wad blond again and he strode in with a different crew. Not Malcolm and them, some hood looking guys. There was something off about him, he put out a whole different vibe. I found myself getting mad all of a sudden and I felt like I had to respond to his presence.

"Don't do anything." Amir said to me "I see your face turning red. Don't try to hit him or run up on him. It's 7 of them and 3 of us and if he doesn't say anything, you don't say anything."

I looked back over at them and they were all smirking in our direction like they want me to pop off. I hate when people smile at me when I'm ready to fight, that's a sign they want to fight too and it makes me angry.

"They need to calm down with that. I feel too pretty today to fight." Isaac said.

I looked at him, "Tell me you did you just say that?" I said feeling less angry.

"I am. They might step on my shoelaces and make me fall and then make me lose my teeth or something." he said. We ended up leaving the mall without any trouble and I'm glad because I already wasn't in the mood.

*Next Day*

Miss Perry made us sit with who we're working with for the project today. It was the day before winter break and we had to get our assignments. Everyone in the class seemed calm. Heaven was siting in front of me with our desks facing each other and it seemed like everyone dressed up today. She had on something that looked pretty decent and she wore he hair out straight.