Chapter 33: Mirror

November 20th was here and it was the first day of Thanksgiving Break. I'm still catching up on a weeks worth of school work that I missed and working on the homework we got for break.

I was in my room working on some of the assignments that I had to do. It was pretty early in the evening and I was in my zone. My phone vibrated and I thought it was just a text so I left it. When it vibrated shortly after that, then I pulled it off the charger and looked at the screen.

A picture of Clarissa flashed across the screen and I answered it. "Hello." I said.

"Pharaoh! I haven't talked to you in a while." she said. "How have you been?' she asked me.

"Uh, I've been alright." I said not fully telling the truth.Clarissa is the girl I kind of messed around with. I just brought her home with me after I won the race. Her hair isn't long and blond anymore. It's all black and straight.

"How about you? I don't see you at the races anymore." I said to her.

"My dad found me sneaking out and told me that I couldn't be there anymore. School is something that I have to focus on." she said to me.

"True, But I could balance both." I said to her as I completed one assignment.

"I kind of heard what Kyle did to you, from Cherry." she said slowly.

I sighed, "I'm not even sweating about that. He's a punk. No one really heard from him since." I said to her.

"Did you at least get your car back?" she asked me.

"Yeah, Malcolm told me that he parked it at his house so I went to get it the other day." I said.

"That's good." she said to me.

"Are you and Cherry cool? It seems like you guys had a lot of problems." I said.

"No, we're good. We were never rude towards each other, she just thought I couldn't be trusted. You know, basic bitch_ notions." she said making me laugh. 'Don't let her play you out for your money. Her boyfriend is 27 and he buys her everything under the moon. She just plays other guys for more money." Clarissa said.

"Nah, I don't mess with her like that. It was a one time thing." I told her.

"Mhm, don't lie." she laughed.

I laughed too, "I'm not. I'm not into her like that." I assured her.

"You seem like you 'mess' with a lot of girls. Do you have a love life?' she asked me. Talking to Clarissa, I would have never guessed that she does the things that she does, all of things her parents probably don't know about.

"I actually do. I'm interested in this girl Renee but this other girl..." I said sighed and rubbing my head.

"You like two girls at once?" she asked me.

"No. I like Renee but this other girl keeps getting in my way. And it's so hard not to just take all what she' giving up to me but I don't want to do that, you know?" I asked her.

"Well if you really like Renee then go for her. Tell that other girl to back off." Clarissa told me. After a few more minutes of talking to Clarissa I got off the phone with her and called Tiffany right away. I needed to break away from her because she was getting too clingy and annoying but I have to me her know in a nice way. Her phone ran and she picked up the second ring.

"Hey Pharaoh." she answered in an upbeat way.

I cleared my throat and tried to speak, "I was just about to call you and ask you if you wanted to come over and hang out." she said to me. I stammered a lot and ended up agreeing to come over. As I got in my car I sighed and drive to her house. I don't know why I wasnt hesitating. This isn't what I want but I just can't bring myself to saying it to her. I don't know if I do have feelings for her or if I am just being lustful. Maybe I just don't want to hurt her feelings.