Chapter 2: Lip Stain

"Cold tile floors that scream and yell at the girl to get up, not to take this anymore. The worn tile is cracked and through its cracks whisper a song that makes her lie down longer. Not ready to get up and face her fears behind that bathroom door. So she lies there, still and unsure. The banging is getting louder and her head is starting to hurt as the intruder kicks the door to get to her. But the intruder is none other then the person she was raised to love from the beginning, no matter the things they've done. So the girl get..." I stopped as the bell rang, signaling that third period was over and everyone should be making their way over to lunch.

The people in my English class stood up quickly, exiting the room. Leaving me standing there, clutching my notebook and holding it close to my chest. I stood there with my knees facing each other and my toes touching, helpless and hurt. They weren't even listening. Just watching the clock.

I walked to my seat and shoved my notebook into my bag and zipped it shut. I removed my hair from behind my ears so that it could hide my face. I didn't want to be seen. Don't see how much it hurts. Don't ever look at me while I cry.

"If you would like to finish tomorrow, you can before we get into the lesson." Mrs. Steels said from the front of the room.

"No, it's okay." I said forcing a smile and leaving the Junior English class. I want to tell everyone, I want to trust someone with this secret, with all of these secrets. There is never just one secret, there are so many parts to it that you don't even know until you tell someone else and I haven't yet. I don't even know myself.

I sped into the hallway with my head hung down and my mission was ahead of me. Get to the bathroom as fast as I can before I cry in this hallway. Make sure no one sees the running eyeliner and the pink lipstick I licked off as I spoke and my mouth became dry with nervousness.

I was speed walking now, almost running and I felt like the bathroom was further and further away.

As I turned the corner I ran into someone tall and their chest hit me hard in the face. "Sorry." I said looking down and trying to cover my face.

"You got a whole bunch of your lip gloss on my shirt." he said roughly.

"Chill, she's crying." someone who was walking with him said.

"Damn_ you're in high school and you're still running through the halls?" he said walking off.

I slowed my pace and walked to the girls bathroom door and went into a stall. I closed the door with a loud thud and locked it. I took tissue and cleaned up my face and calmed myself down.

I threw the paper in the toilet and flushed it, collecting myself so I can leave that stall and once I did I changed my attitude. What I'm used to doing.

I went to the mirror and took my makeup bag out of my book bag. I reapplied eyeliner and put on my pink lipstick again.

_"You are so pretty."_ people would comment on my Instagram pictures. I would always say thank you and reply back with a happy face.

I finally left the bathroom and stepped out into the hallway and started heading to the lunchroom. It wasn't as crowded because it was only five minutes into lunch time. By now the lunch line was probably long and I would have to wait all the way at the back.

As I opened the cafeteria doors, I breathed in what we had for lunch today. Every Thursday we have Chili Fries and Pizza for lunch. The school lunch actually isn't bad which surprised me when I first got here.

I stood to the back of the line, shifting all of my weight to my left foot. I huffed and threw my hair over my shoulder with my right hand. I hated having to wait long but I have to eat something.