Chapter 37: Choices

Miss Perry didn't come in today, Monday morning, and we were supposed to work in our groups or pairs but I just chilled along with everyone else. I wasn't about to spend my time on a project when Miss Perry isn't even here.

We had gym next and of course I couldn't take part in it because I have to wait a month. Afterwards I caught up with Isaac and Justin as we walked to lunch.

"I took Sabrina to the movies last night, right." Isaac said to us.

"Yeah?" Justin asked.

"And when I went to get her, her father searched my pockets. I was nervous as hell because he kept asking me questions, especially because I'm a year older." Isaac complained.

I laughed, "You still think she's worth it?" I asked him.

"Of course." he said. "I thought I was going to get tired of her but she's mad cool." he said.

I nodded, "What about you J? You dating Candy?" I asked Justin.

"We're just talking for now. But she does claim me though, I asked Heaven." he said. I scowled and kept walking.

"What about you and Renee?" Isaac asked me.

I shrugged, "She's being shady." I said. "I am still interested in her and I'm trying to get rid of Tiffany but Renee is friends with Heaven all of a sudden, since she figured out that we can't stand each other."

"Maybe she's trying to figure out Heaven's side of the story before she makes a fair judgment." Justin said.

Isaac and I looked at him, "You ate breakfast this morning?" I asked him.

Justin smiled wide, "Yup, a toaster strudel." he said. That had us laughing as we approached the cafeteria. Amir and Tiara were already by the table and we went to go and get our lunch. I got a sandwich and a Snapple with chips today instead of a burger.

As I was approaching our table I saw a hand waving. I looked over and Renee was drinking milk out of a straw and waved as she smiled at me. I smiled and waved back at her. She mouthed for me to come over and I looked at who she was siting with. Sonali, Candy, of course Heaven and surprisingly Tiffany.

I walked over and Renee pulled the edge of my shirt so that I leaned down to her. She kissed my cheek and asked me what was wrong. I told her nothing, because nothing is wrong with me. I walked back to the table with Amir, Isaac, Tiara and Justin and had a seat.

We laughed and joked around a lot but I felt kind of bored. I threw my stuff away and told them that I would see them later on and headed to the nurses' office to see Mrs. Rooney. I knocked the door and she said to come in.

"Momma!' I said to her as I walked in. I gave her a hug and she just stood there. "What's wrong momma?" I asked her.

"Haven't been seeing you lately." she said.

I pulled away, "What? I come by now and then?" I said.

"Alright sugar. Have a seat." she told me. I sat down on the couch and sat back.

"What are your plans for college?" she asked me.

"I don't know what college I want to go to yet, but I know that I was to major in Chemistry. I want to be either a pharmacist, a primary doctor or an emergency doctor." I told her.

"Big plans. A whole lot of school." she chuckled.

"Yeah, I can do it though." I said to her.

"Well, of course you can. Hard work and dedication and positive influences." she said.