Chapter Nine Part 3. MOVING FORWARD

Oh yes, the past can hurt. But from the way I see it, you can either run from it, or... learn from it

Rafiki; The Lion King

...............................................

21st April 2013

We stood there in an awkward silence until Trey sighed breaking it, "Carls...I don't want it to be like this between us."

"Like what?"

"Like this, awkward." He said pointing to the distance between us.

"Seriously Trey what did you expect it to be like? All peachy."

"Nah. But fuck were about to have a baby together." I just nodded. "I'm sorry for the shit I done to you Carls honestly I regret everything, if I knew it'd result in this, I never would have started this relationship."

"That's the thing Trey it was never a relationship to you. I was dumb for getting feelings for you that you couldn't replicate."

"But I do Carley. I do feel the same way. I just freaked out."

"Yeah and I got hurt. I can't risk that again Trey. What happens when you freak out again? I've just got my priority in check and that's this baby."

"Yeah. When's your next appointment?"

"Tomorrow."

"Can I come?"

"Of course you can Trey, it is your baby as well."

"Fuck that's trippy, I can't believe I'm gonna be a father."

"Your telling me." I laughed.

"Sweet, I'm staying in a motel close to here, give me a text and ill come pick you up."

"Ok."

"I am sorry Carls."

"Yeah me too."

"I am gonna be here for you and my seed." I just smiled at him. Not being able to look into his beautiful teal eyes that was now swelling up. "Do you know what were having?"

"No, find out tomorrow."

"Yus." He yelled fist pumping. I let out a laugh at how goofy he was.

"Hey Trey, you staying for dinner?" Kai asked coming out.

"Shit it's that time already? Nah I'm good Kai, I better get going gotta talk to my coach and shit. Ill see you later Carls. Bye K."

"bye." we said together as he left.

"how you feeling?" Kai asked as she sat down.

"better. We talked threw a lot. He's coming to my scan tomorrow."

"that's good." I just nodded my head. "Why do I feel like there is more to it."

" I thought that my feelings were gone. I was wrong, I don't know how I'm going to raise a baby with him and watch him with someone else."

"you just have to give it time Bubba."

"How do I give it time when I'm about to have a baby."

"Eventually seeing him will get easier Carls. I'm not saying distance yourself cause you've tried that, and I'm not saying it's going to just disappear over night, you've got a lot of history with Trey. Give yourself time Carls just cause your gonna be a mum doesn't mean your not gonna be a human."

"I know."

"It's gonna be hard. And there will be times where it's gonna hurt Buba."

"Oh!" I groaned.

She just laughed and pulled me into her side and inside.