Chapter Six. TAYLOR

"Love is blind, and it will take over your mind. What you think is love, is truly not, You need to elevate and find" - Faith Evans.

...............................................

10th February 2013

I stayed in the motel for two days ignoring both my brother and sisters phone calls. Only texting them once to say I was alive.

I had bought myself some clean clothes and food but apart from that I hadn't left my motel room.

'Yea, yea, uh huh.

She said FUCK FENDI, but I think she was playin

I heard she move them thangs

I think she fuckin Wayne,' Layla began to rap threw my I phone.

I looked at Taylor's name and decided to finally just answer it.

"I'm fine."

"Thank god for that. Carls just tell me where you are. I'll come get you."

"No. I don't want to go back to Drakes or Kaia's."

"We won't. You can stay at my apartment."

I thought about it for a bit. Then decided to just do it.

"I don't really come here much anymore unless me and your brother are fighting. But there's two bedrooms, you can have the main one. I left all my towels and all that here. There is no food so yeah well have to do that. I can pick up your stuff from Kaia's. You can stay as long as you like." Taylor said as she showed me the apartment. It was cosy. All white and glass. She lead me to the bedroom which used to be hers. Showing me around in the un-suite to the linen. Then to the kitchen everything in there.

"You ok?" She finally asked after the tour. I hadn't said much throughout the tour. I just nodded and just nursed the glass of ice cold water. "I know this is a hard time. Trust me I know."

I just looked at her like she had no idea what the hell I was going threw.

"Before your brother. I was with a guy named Tom." She sighed obviously not liking where this memory was about to take her. "We had been friends for 6months after i started college then I started having feelings for him. We finally got together and it was all good until I got pledged into Delta." She continued taking a deep breath as she brushed her perfectly manicured nail threw her honey brown hair and her blue eyes paled as if she was seeing her memory play out in front of her. "He started accusing me of cheating on him and all this shit. I eventually left Delta and moved in with him. That's about the time I realised he was cheating on me. When I finally got to the point of being over it I hit him up. That was the first time he hit me. But it was to late I was head over heels in love with him. He apologised I was stupid enough to forgive him and we carried on. He continued to cheat and I continued to turn a blind eye. That was the point I met your brother. We started talking and Tom found out and bashed my ass. But I let that go and still slept with him. I was so blindly in so called love with him that I continued to have sex with the guy that was fucking so many other girls. He had made me think I could never be worth anybody else's time. I was so self-conscious that I hadn't even noticed your brother flirting with me. Constantly checking me out. My friends had all seen the change in me but i just thought they were all jealous. i had made such a drastic turn in my life, and the worst thing about it is I didn't even notice. Any way it was about a year into our relationship that I found out I was pregnant. I was just about to tell him until a chick turned up at our house saying she was pregnant. I was so angry that I actually realised everything wrong. Then I thought about it and realised what would I be bringing my child into. I couldn't do that. I was so weak to Tom that I knew I would have put my baby's life in danger by keeping it. So I got an abortion. I was so depressed that your brother noticed. Then I came home and he cut my wrist and shoulder." She said turning her wrist over to show me a pink scare, then her straps of her shoulder to show me an identical scar on her golden skin. "That's when your brother found out and bashed him to a pulp." I never realised how intense her life was. I had no idea.

"I can't give my baby up." I finally said.

"That's not what I'm saying Carl's. I honestly think you can have this baby. I told you my storey because I needed you to understand I have an idea of what your going threw. You are not alone. I've known you since you were younger and I've noticed a change in you. It's the same change I went threw. The way you walk and talk is different. Your constantly doubting yourself. But most of all I know your blaming yourself for the way he treated you, the way your brother and sister are talking to you and for getting pregnant. I know because I went threw it to."

"Treydon never hit me."

"He didn't have to. He's obviously hurt you some other way maybe not as bad as Tom did me. But enough to make this confident young lady become this self conscious being I am looking at." I looked down knowing she was right in a way. "You may not be ready to see it yet but me, DJ, Leo and Kaia are going to do everything in our power to bring her back." She said.

We sat in silence a little longer, just thinking about everything she said. Until my tummy rumbled breaking the silence. "Let's get my little niece or nephew fed aye."