Chapter Four. READY OR NOT

"You can't make decisions based on fear and the possibility of what might happen."

― Michelle Obama

...............................................

6th - 8th February 2013

"Positive." Kaia whispered but I didn't need to hear her. I knew what it said.

I dropped the test and sat on the toilet.

She kneeled down in front of me whipping my face of some wet substance.

"What am I going to do Kai?" My voice cracked

"I don't know Bubba, but we'll sort it out together alright."

I nodded and got up going up to the spear room to lie down.

I laid on my back just steering at the roof for a couple of hours. I had no idea what I was gonna do with myself.

'You must be used to me spending, and all that sweet wining and dining' my phone began to sing, signalling Trey was calling.

I listened to biggie rap and r Kelly sing contemplating whether to answer or not 'well I'm fucking you tonight' r Kelly finished as I pushed decline. Then placed it on the bedside table.

I walked over to the full length mirror and pulled up my top.

I looked at my stomach trying to understand how there is a baby growing in there.

"I don't think I'm ready for you." I whispered to it.

My phone beeped pulling me out of my day dream.

#Trey.x

Carley can you just answer your phone. I just wanna talk to you please.'

"No." I said to my phone and switched it off. Going to my suit case and putting some pjs on and climbed into bed attempting to go to sleep.

Over the following days Trey continue to call me.

Kai tried to talk to me about the situation I was in but I just kept shutting her down.

I kept trying to talk to Ashley but like Trey I was sent to voicemail.

"I know you don't wanna talk about it Carley, but it's happening." Kai said as soon as Leo left for practice.

I just ignored her and carried on eating my breakfast.

"Have you decided if your going to keep it?"

"I'm keeping it."

"Ok so when are you going to tell Trey?"

"I'm not."

"CARLEY!"

"What?" I said going to place my bowl in the dishwasher.

"You can't keep this from him."

"Yes I can."

"Carley!"

"Kaia. I've decided that I want nothing to do with Trey."

"What about your baby Carley? Your gonna keep it from its father, Treydon from his baby that he doesn't even know he's got. That's selfish Carley!" She said walking out.

I knew I was being selfish and unreasonable. But the thought of ever talking to Trey again made my stomach turn and heart race.

I got up decided to try talk to Ash again. But again I was sent to voicemail.

The whole day Kaia ignored me and refused to talk to me. So I text DJ to pick me up after his practice.

"Hey Carls, DJs outside waiting for you." Leo said walking in.

I thanked him and grabbed my hand bag running out to my brother.

"Hey bubba." He said as I climbed in. I hugged him smiling to finally see my brother after months of talking on the phone.

"Hey." I said as I buckled up.

We talked the whole way to his house. Well he did and I avoided the fact I had to tell him I was pregnant.

"DJ I have something to tell you." I finally blurted cutting him off.

"What's up Bubba?" He asked with a smile still on his face.

I don't know why seeing that smile made me cry but I had a feeling as soon as I told him about my baby I wouldn't see that smile directed at me in a while. "Aye what the hell Carls?"

"I'm pregnant." I blurted.

He pulled the car over but didn't say a word the whole car was silent for a while. Then I heard the car start up and felt it begin to move.

"DJ." I whispered he continued not say anything.

The rest of the drive was in silence he got out as soon as the engine was cut and walked inside.

I didn't move just sat in his mustang crying. I couldn't think of anything worst then having both your siblings that have always had your back be so disappointed in you that they can't even talk to you or face you.