Chapter Two. SISTERLY LOVE

"She is your mirror, shining back at you with a world of possibilities. She is your witness, who sees you at your worst and best, and loves you anyway. She is your partner in crime, your midnight companion, someone who knows when you are smiling, even in the dark. She is your teacher, your defense attorney, your personal press agent, even your shrink. Some days, she's the reason you wish you were an only child. "

- Barbara Alpert

...............................................

February 6th 2013 

As soon as I stepped foot off the plane into L.A, I had a plan to not think about Atlanta. Or a certain someone there.

"Hey baby, you look good!" I heard my sister. I turned around to see my big sister with her juicy pink lips pulled up into a cheesy smile, long tanned, true religion covered legs crossed, tiny waist and perky perfect sized breast covered in a black jacket, her brown eyes hidden by a pair of pradas, Her full 6" foot figured leaning against a black Rolls Royce.

I ran straight to her hugging her.

After our embrace we grabbed my gears and headed to her house.

"So you gonna tell me what's been going on in the big A?" Kai finally said after 20minutes of distracting her.

"Everything Kai."

"I'll take it as you and Trey hit the fan? Or did Ash find out and kick off?"

"There was no me and Trey. I was thinking there was but he clearly thought different." I said watching the trees blurr.

"What does that mean?"

"So you know how I told you we were just mucking around. Well that continued the next thing I know it's only him I'm sleeping with. Like I'm spending nights in his apartment. He's calling me his girl. Then when I asked him when are we going to stop hiding he started to go all distant, then when I hit him up he said it was nothing he's just not ready to face everyone. I don't know what happened between then and the other day. But like we screwed and shit and the next day he turns up with this chick clamming its his mrs. So what between the time you left my bed and turned up at the café you had meet this chick and shacked up with her!" I yelled frustrated.

"Buba I told you from the start don't get into that shit cause you'll be the one heartbroken."

"I know, I just didn't think Trey would be the one to play me so dirty you know."

"Oh babe." She said then all of a sudden my stomach started churning again.

"Pull over please!" I said putting my hand to my mouth and trying to unbuckle my belt as the car pulled over I flung the door open and lent out just in time to empty my stomach on the side of the ride.

When I was done I sat back in my seat trying to breath.

Kai handed me a bottle of water and a packet of plan crackers. "Eat those." She said as she pulled back into traffic

I skulked half the water and ate the crackers.

"So what was that all about?"

"I don't know." I admitted.

"Is it what I think it is?" She said turning off the motor way then looking at me.

"I don't know." I said quietly.

"Carley..." She sighed in disappointment. " when was your last period?"

"about 2 weeks ago."

"Last time you and Trey had sex?"

"we had a pretty active sex life."

"Do you guys use protection?"

I stayed silent until she looked at me "most of the time."

"Carley! When are you due for your next P?"

"in two weeks."  

"Have you taken a test?"

"No."

"Why the hell not?"

"I don't know ok Kaia but the last thing I want to hear is you giving me shit ok!" I yelled frustrated.

She let out a deep breath then done a U-turn and pulled into a parking space outside a drug store.

"Kaia?" She didn't reply just grabbed her hand bag and went inside.

She came back out a couple minutes later. She got into the car and drove in silence back to her house. As we pulled up to her house she dug into her white Prada bag pulling out a paper bag.

"I want you to go in there and take that test."

"Kaia..."

"Nope ill get your bags but your to go in there and take that test. And we'll go from there."

"What happens if I am."

"Carls there is no point in stressing over nothing, so like I said well sort out where to go after."

I nodded my head as I took the test into the bathroom. I followed instructions and sat the test on the bench after I was done washing my hands and splashing my face as I waited the results.

There was a knock on the door and Kaia asking to come in.

"Is it ready?" She asked

Just as I was about to answer. The test beeped.

I picked up the stick and took a breath looking down at the results.

...........................................................................

Kaia --------------------------->