Chapter Eight. HYPERCRITIC

"Who are you to judge the life I live?

I know I'm not perfect

-and I don't live to be-

but before you start pointing fingers...

make sure you hands are clean!"

― Bob Marley

...............................................

16 March 2013

Trees blurred past, but the road ahead stayed clear.

His rough hand grasped mine as he drove to god knows where. I listened to his velvet like voice rap to Tyga, as I steered at his strong jaw move as he rapped, his eyes focused on the road. His shoulders were relaxed as he slouched back in his seat one hand grasping the steering wheel, and his other went from holding my hand to changing gear to holding my hand again.

"Like what you see baby?" he asked his gorgeous grey eyes moved to the bare road to my face.

'Very much so' i thought but just giggled and looked away. "You wish."-

"Carley! get up your going to be late!" Kaia yelled waking me from my memory.

I looked at her as I remembered that moment with Trey. Before everything began to go down hill. When he was sweet, spontaneous even.

One of the moments I fell in love with him

"Carls are you even awake?" Kaia yelled!

"Yes, I'm getting up." I said shaking the dream/memory whatever it is from my head, threw the covers off me and went to get changed.

"Hang on a minute." I realised walking out to see Kaia sitting on my bed. "How did you even get in here?" She just rolled her eyes holding up a pink key. "Where did you get that from?" I said pulling my black juicy coutour sweats, white singlet and teal puma hoodie.

"I got it cut. Now hurry up were late." she said casually. But this was Kaia for you. I grabbed my teal converse and followed her out to her car.

"What time does mum and dad get here?" She asked as I stuck my shoes on.

"About 7ish."

"You nervous?"

"To tell them? Or the appointment?"

"Both,"

"For the doctors; A bit, but you know all they can do is tell me something I already know. Mum and dad however, I'm petrified."

"What for?"

"I can't predict how they're both going to react. I mean I know they're gonna be disappoint and angry maybe even embarrassed."

"Carls, they won't be embarrassed of you, I mean mum got pregnant with Drake when she was 15, dad 17."

"Yeah I know that."

"You graduated from high school. You got a bloody scholarship to the best medicine program. Come on Carls."

"Yeah and I'm about to throw it all away, to study medicine threw correspondence while living in a apartment my brothers girlfriend is renting, doing the books at her bar, all while being a 18 year old single mother." I admitted.

"No one said you were perfect. I'm just bloody proud that your stepping up to this shit Carley. No one says it easy but your willing to try." She said looking from me to the road again.

I just nodded my head as we pulled up to the doctors.

"So your here to see if your pregnant yes?" My doctor asked.