Back to Present Time ~October 30, 1989~

(Just so you guys know, they are all still on tour. I don't think I mentioned that before. OK but yeah, they're in New York City right now.)

I closed the curtain and turned around, Michael was still sleeping. I decided to hop into the shower before he woke up.
I stripped down and turned the water on. It was so weird, I had the strangest feeling that someone was watching me. I peeked back out the door to see if it was Michael, but he hadn't even moved a muscle. I quietly shut the door again and got in the shower. I washed myself as quickly as possible and got out to dry myself off.
I wrapped a towel around my body, and another one for my hair, then rushed back out the door.
"Michael, get up, please." I said shaking his shoulder.
He opened his eyes groggily to look at me, "what's wrong?" he asked me, though I wasn't completely sure that he was listening.
"I feel like someone's watching me." I said quietly to him. He snickered.
"This isn't funny!" I said hitting his chest; since he slept in a t-shirt, it barely made any noise.
"Kelly, you're probably just all paranoid because tomorrow's Halloween." he said. I didn't respond, I only looked at him.
"I'm getting dressed to go shopping, wanna come?" I asked, changing the subject.
He sat up, "what about the paparazzi? Won't they ruin our fun?" he reminded me.
I thought momentarily, "only if you let them." I said smiling slyly.

~~~~~Three Hours Later~~~~~

Before we had left I made Michael put on a disguise. He was worried about the paparazzi and I was just bored, so it worked out perfectly.
We were Hollywood's cutest couple, so we definitely couldn't be seen together; or apart.
For Michael, I made him put on a blonde wig and normal clothes. I was laughing at him the whole time I was helping him put everything on; I think he was a little sensitive to it at first and thought that I was laughing at him, but then he realized that I was just having fun, so he laughed with me. For myself I just put a pair of sunglasses on and put my hair up in a fancy clip, which I never do.

Michael and I had just finished our shopping adventure at the mall. We bought a few new dresses for Britney as birthday gifts; she absolutely adored playing princess with them on. We also bought a few t-shirts for Michael and I, just because we needed new ones.

The best part was that only one group of girls recognized him, and thankfully they didn't scream his name. They just approached us quietly and asked for both of our autographs. Like actual normal people.

Now that we were done shopping, I suggested that we go to a little cafe that my grandparents once took me to when they brought me to New York a long time ago. It was on the border of Albany, so it wasn't too crowded.

After we ordered we sat down towards the back in two black loveseats next to each other.
Michael took off the wig; and I'm glad he did because his normal hair looked so much sexier
It was quiet for the first few minutes as we sipped our drinks, but it wasn't the awkward kind of quiet, it was more like enjoying-someone's-presence quiet.
I looked over at Michael, he seemed to be thinking very hard about something because he was scrunching his nose; he always did that when he was in deep thought.
"Mikey?"
"Huh?" he asked, snapping out of it.
"What were you thinking just now?"
He shook his head.
"C'mon, you can tell me." I pestered.
"Nah, I'm good." he said.
"C'mon......."
"No."
I rolled my eyes and got up to sit on his lap.
"Please?" I said wrapping my arms around his neck. He just looked at me and smiled; no words came out of his mouth.
I kissed his cheek, "why won't you tell me?" I pushed.
"I'll tell you when I'm ready for you to know." he replied.
"Ugh! Sometimes you're too Michael for your own good." I said jokingly.
"And you say that like it's a bad thing!" he accused me. I smiled and looked into his eyes, he blinked back at me with his long eyelashes.
"I wanna know more about you." he stated suddenly.
"What do you wanna know?" I asked, skeptically.
"What's your favorite color?" he asked.
"Gold and black." I said, "was that it?"
"That was just the beginning. Now, what's your favorite food?"
"Ummm...... spaghetti, I guess. Hey Michael, how long is this gonna take?" I questioned. he ignored me and moved on, "favorite songs?"
"Alone, Black on Black II, and Roundabout." I answered automatically.
"Favorite place?"
"Disney World." I said smiling. He smiled as well, but this smile was.......... different.............