Speechless (Part Two)

Hi everyone! It's Ivana, the writer of this story. Most of you on here don't know me, since I don't come on here very often. Well that will change since the website I was previously posting all of my stories on, has a Malware virus :( I will still go on there, but now I'm going to start posting on here a bit more as well. Okay guys, since I haven't really written any authors notes to let you know what's going on, here's the low-down. This story does draw the line here, but don't fret! There will be a sequel posted, though I don't know when. It will be called The Love You Save. Anyways, I hope everyone enjoys the final installment! Peace, love and hot chocolate :) [You get it? 'Cause's MJ is dark-skinned and he's hot? Lol, I made that up last night.]

Adam waited momentraily before speaking again, "do you know Kelly Thesian?" He asked, accenting every word.
He observed the man's jaw clench and release in the same second, "uh, yeah, yeah. She was at my neighbor's house last time I checked. You can come inside and call her if them, if you like." The man offered. Adam was reluctant to answer, especially since Britney said she had seen her at this house.
Laying aside his doubts, he complied. The man stepped aside as he slowly entered the house. Adam glanced around, observing his new surrondings. Inside of the room he was in, which he assumed to be the den, were two black, leather couches and a flat-screen television. He nodded to himself in approvement, just as the man spoke again, "I'll go get you the phone from the kitchen," he announced finally. Adam didn't respond, so he turned around and went into the other room anyways.

"Hey bro, uh, what did you say your name was?" Adam yelled to the man. He heard nothing for a few seconds, just drawers opening and closing. Odd..... Who keeps their phones in drawers? Wait a second--- He thought to himself.

"I didn't say." The man said as he returned with both hands placed in his back pocket. Adam stiffened at the suspicious sight. His eyes darted around the room nervously, he knew that this man standing before him was not one to trust.

"Will you tell me?" Adam asked, no longer concerned about whether he recieved the phone or not.

The man chuckled darkly and cracked his neck, "my name is Seth, but you can call me your worst nightmare." He whispered. In that same second he finished his sentence, his hands freed themselves from his pockets, and were at Adam's neck, choking off the small screams he attempted to release.

Kelly's P.O.V

I let the water run out of the faucet until it was a warm enough temperature, then grabbed a washcloth hanging from the shower bar and wet it. I held it up to my face and began dabbing it in all of the places where blood was present. I sighed to myself and re-soaked the washcloth, repeating the process until my face looked better. Well, better than it did at least. I threw the cloth aside and pulled at myself. I pulled at where my cheeks used to have color, and where my hair used to look shinier. I shook my head at the memories.
As I continued, I suddenly heard a series of small, but definable yelps coming from the front room.
This can''t be good, I thought as I shut the water off and flicked the light switch down.

I didn't run down the hall, in fear of Seth reprimanding me. I slowly crept on my toes until I reached the corner that separated three different rooms. I peered around it and witnessed something I never would've thought of happening in my worst nightmares.

Seth was standing in the middle of the room with his back to me, strangling my little brother in a chokehold. Adam was trying his best to fight back, but I could see that he was running out of air.
I was only thinking one thing while all of this was going on;

Not my family, you're not

I took a deep breath and hoped for the best as I ran and lept onto his back, all the while trying to stab his eyeballs out.
By now he had released a nearly-unconcious Adam unto the hardwood floor, who was gasping for air like a mad-man.
Since Seth has finally realized that he was no longer holding Adam, his attention was focused entirely on me. He gripped my wrists and twisted them until I was in such pain that I had to pull my hands away from his ugly face. Even though I'm pretty sure I heard a crack, I made no sound of fear or pain, because that would only induce him to do more unnecessary things.
I was violently thrown to the ground almost immediatly after I retracted my hands; I tried breaking my fall by landing on my backside, but that only caused me to slide into the wall, where there was nowhere to go.
I was afraid to look up to see if he was coming, but my subconscious told me I must to protect myself. Sure enough, he was coming towards me with a small pocket knife out and at the ready. Now to anyone else they would say it is harmless, but with Seth being the one using it, it's about as dangerous as drinking bleach.
I shut my eyes tightly and held my arms up to protect my body, while keeping my face buried into the wall. I waited for the moment where the sharp blade would cut through my soft skin, piercing it in multiple places, but it never came. Instead I heard glass being shattered and a loud thud.

I peeked out of one eye, then the other. I quickly glanced around the room for any sight of what might've cause those noises, and I found the source fairly easily.
There, standing before me, was Adam holding a rod-lamp with a broken lightbulb and a deranged look on his face. I looked below him to find Seth knocked out with a fair amount of blood trickling from the back of his head.

"Serves you right you vial, evil, loathsome, wicked---"

"Kelly!" Adam cut me off. I stared up at him through glossy eyes.
He dropped the rod and opened his arms, "come here."

I slowly raised myself off of the floor, being careful not to hurt any part of me while doing so. Once I stood straight, only seconds later did I fall into my borther's arms, wailing and letting all of the emotions that had been built up run wild. I cried and screamed into his chest, and he just took it all in, holding me tightly and stroking my lifeless.

"It's okay. Kelly, I love you, it's all over now, you're alright." He crooned to me. I couldn't find my voice to tell him the same though. I wished I could comfort him just as he was too me since after all, I was his older sister.

After what felt like a lifetime my eyes still poured over like waterfalls, but all the noise emitting itself from within me had silenced. They were just empty tears now, which helped me regain my voice.

"........ A-Adam?" I stuttered his name for the first time in forever.

"Yes, Kelly?"

"Can w-we get outta h-here?" I whispered to him. He only nodded in response. He knocked my legs out from underneath me and cradled me into his chest. It kind of reminded me of what Michael used to do when I would fall asleep downstairs.
Ah, Michael....... Just the very thought of me seeing him again rocked my world. I bit my bottom lip and smile weakly to myself.

I took one last look at Seth, who was still lying on the ground, now drenched in his own blood as we walked over to thee door.
As Adam reached for the knob, the hinges on the door flew wildly into the surrounding air as the door was knocked aside.

"Freeze!" A policeman yelled, holding a gun to Adam's forehead. He looked frightened, although he did nothing to adknowledge the man back. Another police, this one a woman, came through the door holding her gun up as well, ready to shoot whenever the need be.
Her eyes darted rapidly around the room, until they landed on Seth. She ran over and knelt down next to him, checking his pulse. We were all silent as she counted. Finally after an excruciatingly long minute, she whipped her head around to stare at us, "what happened?" She asked in a thick Bronx accent.

I inhaled deeply, "that man is my abusive ex-boyfriend. He has been holding me hostage here for the past three years. I've been harassed, beaten, and sexually abused by him during that time. My brother somehow came in here a few minutes ago and he, my ex, nearly killed him. He was knocked unconscious with that lamp there," I pointed to the golden bar on the floor, "not long ago. Now miss not to be rude or anything, but I'd really like to go home. I'll go to court any other day, but right now I'd just like to leave here. Please." I said everything I needed to quickly, so my voice wouldn't crack. It still did, but it wasn't as noticeable.
She studied my face, then nodded to her partner, who then lowered his gun. When I looked back at her she gave me a small, but meaningful smile.

"I will let you be on your way, if you give us your information first so we know how to contact you."

"That's fine." Adam and I answered in unison. We exchanged smiles.

He quickly gave them all of our numbers and addresses in which the woman scribbled down into a pocket-sized notebook. She flipped in closed and told us that we could go, although they were going to stay and do a little further investigating. We happily left out of that horror-house in a flash. We crossed the street and went to his car. As soon as I pulled the door open, I was nearly toppled by none other than Britney.

"I told you it was her Uncle! Ah, we got her! We got her! We got her!" She sang to the world. The few people who were outside gave us funny looks, but I honestly couldn't care less at the moment. I was safe and on the road back to a better life. Literally.

"We all missed you sooooo much Aunt Kelly! Especially me, but now you're back so everything's alright! I'm so happy! Are you happy? 'Cause I'm happy!" She squealed, tightening her grip on me as if to make her point clearer. I held her in my arms as she continued to say how much she missed me, and loved me, and what else has been going on.

I hadn't realized how long we were standing outside until Adam tapped on the watch that was on his wrist. We climbed into the car with Britney still attached to me in the backseat, and began our long journey back home.

Sometime along the way Britney's body decided that it had had enough excitement for a while, and she fell asleep on my lap. I smiled to myself as I stroked her hair. It had gotten longer since the last time I'd seen her.

"I missed you," Adam stated, bringing me out of my thoughts.

"I missed you too. How is everyone else doing?" I asked.

He hesitated, "they're....... Good. But I know they'll be better once they see you."

"Why don't you just call them then?"

"I want it to be a surprise."

"Adam, a surprise is when you get $100 for nothing. A surprise is not not informing parents that their missing child has been found." I joked with him. Even though I was only kidding, I still mentally winced at the sound of those words coming out of my mouth.

"Would you just trust me on this?"

I pouted, "fine."

He chuckled, "this is sad. We've only had you back for less than two hours and we're already fighting again."

I laughed as well. Not because it was funny, but just because I would gladly take the bickering and remarks from my brother than I would from Seth any day.
It was quiet in the car again. I just listened to the sound of the tires riding smoothly over the pavement and the wind coming through the cracks in the windows.

I glanced out of the tinted window and saw the sign signaling that we were now getting closer to the junction. Just then a thought popped into my mind. I tapped on Adam's shoulder, "hey, go left at this junction up here."

"Why should I?" He questioned.

"Please just do it, I need to go see Michael." I said his namely smoother than I had witht he other words.
Adam sucked in a tight breath, and didn't exhaled for a while. When he did he was quiet.

"What?" I asked suspiciously. Why would he deny me seeing Michael? He knows I love him.

"Uh, don't you wanna, ya know, see Mom and Dad first?" He asked me cautiously.

"Michael's house is closer. Just take me there, I promise I'll be quick."

"Oh, I know you will." He mumbled under his breath. I'm not even sure if I caught what he said correctly, but I ignored it.

The drive was a bit longer than expected to get to Neverland; the anticipation was absolutely killing me. I was bouncing in my seat literally.
I was singing small snip-its of songs to myself from my excitement level. It helped to calm me down for a while, but not permanently.
Finally after who knows how long, we pulled up Michael's long, winding driveway.
I flung myself out of the vehicle before it had stopped moving, I didn't even bother to close the door.

"Kelly!" I heard Adam shout, but I was too focused to care about anything but him right now.

I ran up the stone steps and stood in front of the door, buzzing the intercom while attempting to control my breathing.

"Hello?" I heard a woman's voice answer.

I pressed the button again, "I'm here to see Michael. It's Kelly Thesian, but please, don't tell him," my words rushed out of my mouth.

There was a long pause before she responded, "okay Miss, he's in his recording studio." She said, sounding a bit nicer. Maybe she remembers me.

The door made a loud sound before I heard a click. I swung it open and ran inside, almost slipping from my speed.
I glanced left and right before deciding which way would be the quickest. I didn't really care, as long as I made it down there.
As I strode past the other people walking throughout his house, they gave me various looks. Some of them looked glad to see me, some look shocked. I didn't stop to talk to them though, so I wouldn't know for sure.

I made it to his recording studio in under two minutes, which is a record for me since I had always gotten lost around this place.
I made my way to a halt as I stood outside of the room. There was a red light above my head that was blinking, preventing anyone from going inside while he was recording, but I figured my circumstances were slightly different.
I gripped the handle firmly and slipped inside.

As soon as I walked in I heard Michael's angelic voice singing a song. I peered over my shoulder to my left, where the music was coming from, and saw him.
He was even more beautiful than I remembered.
He was dressed in black slacks, black dress shoes, and a white button down shirt that had half of the buttons undone, typical Michael, I thought to myself, smiling.
His hair was different, it was shorter, but still just as shiny and healthy looking as I had been picturing him for so long.
And last but not least, his eyes were shut as he sang. I could tell he was deep into his music, so I decided to hold out just a little bit longer. I thought that maybe I could soak up his amazing voice into my mind once again as he recorded himself.

Another day has gone, I'm still all alone
How could this be you're not here with me
You never said goodbye, someone tell me why
Did you have to go and leave my world so cold?
Everyday I sit and ask myself
How did love slip away
Something whispers in my ear and says
That you are not alone, for I am here with you
Though you're far away, I am here to stay
But you are not alone, for I am here with you
Though we're far apart, you're always in my heart
But you are not alone
'Lone, 'lone, why, 'lone
Just the other night, I thought I heard you cry
Asking me to come and hold you in my arms
I can hear your prayers, your burdens I will bear
But first I need your hand then forever can begin
Everyday I sit and ask myself
How did love slip away
Something whispers in my ear and says
That you are not alone, for I am here with you
Though you're far away, I am here to stay
But you are not alone, for I am here with you
Though we're far apart, you're always in my heart
For you are not alone
Oh whisper three words and I'll come runnin'
And I, and girl you know that I'll be there, I'll be there
You are not alone, for I am here with you
Though you're far away, I am here to stay
You are not alone, for I am here with you
Though we're far apart, you're always in my heart
You are not alone, for I am here with you
(You are not alone)
(I am here with you)
Though you're far away, I am here to stay
(Though you're far away)/
(You and me)
For you are not alone, for I am here with you
(You are always in my heart)
Though we're far apart, you're always in my heart

His voice cracked on the final note. Almost as if he were singing his feelings rather than just words on a sheet of paper.
He finally opened his lids to reveal his beautiful, brown eyes. I almost melted right there just looking at them for that split second.
Even though his eyes were open, he was staring at the ground. He seemed upset or angry.
I made up my mind and finally decided to invade his studio.
Since there was no one else in the room but him, it made my part of strolling in even easier.
I took a deep breath in and barged through the door.

"Michael!" I exclaimed to him.

He glanced up at me, then it became a stare of utter astonishment. I'm nearly 99.9% sure that my expression mimicked his.
Both of our eyes began to water as we continued to watch each other intently.

In the same second it took for him to recognize me, his arms were around my waist, lifting me up as his lips met mine for the first time in years.

It felt like our first kiss all over again, it was filled with so much passion and love and everything else good in the world that all of my other senses were cut off. All that I was able to feel was him against me.
I smiled into the kiss as I felt him do the same. He squeezed my waist tighter and molded me into his chest in a hold that I would never ever want to get released from, ever.

"Kelly........ Oh, Kelly....." He moaned against my lips. I pulled away so I was able to look at his face more clearly. I sighed to myself at the handsomeness of him, also because I probably don't look the same as he remembers me looking. Though none-the-less he still looked ecstatic as ever to see me. His eyes had this wild gleam in them that I only see when he's onstage preforming. It made me smile even wider, to his liking as well.

"How did you--- When---- What--- I'm so--- Ugh, Kelly, why won't you answer any of my questions?!" He pressed seriously. I truly laughed, something else I hadn't done in forever.

"Because you can't finish them, silly!" I joked as I tapped his nose with my index finger. He threw his head back and chuckled. We just stayed laughing for a little while longer, out of pure joy, until I heard something's unexpected.
High heels, and they were coming this way.

"Michael?" I heard a chiming voice getting closer. Michael abruptly set me down and smoothed out his clothing in a hurry. I gave him a puzzled look, but all he had was apologies written on his face.
I'm sorry, he mouthed to me. Wait, why was he sorry? What is he talking about? What's going----

"Hey, Sweetie, I got your mail and you've got a few letters....... Oh, um hello." I was greeted by a woman with long, flowy brown hair and fair skin. She was nicely dressed and had a warm smile spread across her face.

"Hi...." I greeted her cautiously. She held out her hand, I shook it lightly, but only to be polite. Who is this woman?

I turned to Michael, but before I could speak she fired a question at me, "are you a friend of Michael's?"

"Uh, no, wait-- Who are you?" I changed it around, because I wasn't really sure how to answer that.

"Oh, how rude of me. I'm Lisa, Lisa Marie." She concluded.

My jaw dropped slightly, "Presley?" I questioned. She nodded.

Now I was really growing worried, I glanced at a nervous looking Michael who was fidgeting with his fingers and keeping his eyes glued to the floor.

"Care to explain?" The question didn't mean to come out like that, but I was beginning to put two and two together, and I wasn't liking what it was adding up to.

He gave me a sheepish look and dug his hands into his pockets, "well, Lisa meet Kelly. Kelly meet Lisa. My uh.......... fiancee."