Short Chapter

"Amy, Jenny, Kelly, Stacia, and Ashlee step forward please." Michael said into the microphone. We all stepped forward as he began pacing back and forth slowly in front of us. Even though I didn't really care if I got the part or not it was still nerve-racking to think of getting beat by Jennifer, at yet another thing.
I turned to look behind me and I saw three girls who were looking paler than me, I think they knew they didn't do so well.
It was too bad though because Donna was in the back row, I crossed my fingers for her anyways.

"I'm sorry but the girls in the back didn't get the part." Michael said, actually sounding sorry for them. This one girl looked like she was about to cry, but it didn't make any sense since we were already touring with him. I looked at Donna, but she looked fine to me, because she had a smile on her bright face, like always. She high-fived me for good luck as they walked off the stage glumly, but they all did get applause.
Michael stopped pacing and turned to face us, he made this clicking noise with his mouth as he decided what to do.

"I'm sorry yet again but.... it's only between Kelly and Jennifer, it's not that you guys can't dance, it's just that it felt more natural with these two," he said gesturing to us. I looked over at Stacia for any advice she might have after hearing him say that.
She only had a big smug grin and a look that read I told you so all over her face as she walked of the stage.
Great, now I was left here with Jennifer on my right, and Michael looking back and forth between us. He turned to the audience and spoke into the microphone, "you know what? Imma let y'all vote" he took her hand and raised it up, "for Jenny, please applaude," he said, about half of the people (out of around 75) clapped, though it wasn't as loud as I expected it to be, but that means.......

"Oh no." I breathed out silently. He dropped her hand and took mine to raise it just the same way, "Kelly." He stated, everyone clapped so loud to a point where it hurt my ears, I even saw a few people stand up and start cheering.

"Well I guess we know now." Michael said smiling widely at me. It looked actually like a genuine smile, which made me feel a little better about the situation.
People were still clapping like mad-men, but I think it was because they were happy for me. Michael let go of my hand to hug me, I hugged back weakly, because I was still frozen with what just happened.
He whispered in my ear again, "looks like you've got a lot of practicing to do missy." He said pulling back to look at me, I forced a smile onto my still confused face. He laughed at my expression then spoke into the mike again, "alright, alright, settle down. We gotta start working now."
The applause slowly faded out and everyone came back onto the stage to get into their positions.