Chapter 20

AARON’S POV:

“MARK, I LOVE YOU!,” Aurora repeated again.

Mark freezes, his arm stuck straight out in front of him. He blinks.

“What?,”

“Mark, don’t kill him,” Aurora shout, her body shaking, “I love you! Just don’t kill him! I love you! I care about you!,”

What the h*ll? What is she trying to... Oh. Ooohh. Well, that's classic. I wonder if this will works for Mark...

Something flickers across his face.

“You’re just saying that,” he says, “To get me to let you go… With him,”

Damn, right...

“No! I don’t want you to let me go! I just want you to help me to release Maya, and let her escape with Aaron!,”

Isn’t that the same thing?, I asked silently in my mind.

"You really love me?," Mark asked.

"Yes," Aurora said, she actually looks like she meant it. Smooth, Aurora, smooth...

"Then prove it,"

“How?,” Aurora frowned.

“Kiss me,”

“What?,”

“I said, kiss me,” Mark repeat it again.

Please said, no... please said no, Aurora... Please said no....

"Okay," Aurora said.

F*ck. The one who said that silemt is the loudest cry for help is a total moron.

"But not in front of him," Aurora continued, "I think kiss is an intimate thing, that... shouldn't be shown in public...,"

Intimate my *ss!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

AURORA'S POV:

Mark stares at the ground, wrestling within himself. I can see it on his face.

Time creeps by. One minute. Two minute. I don't eve blink.

He stares at me. I stare back.

This is my last and only hope. I slow my breathing. Inside I am screaming, but my face is calm. I just stare into his eyes, trying to radiates love.

"Fine," Mark finally decided. He give me a small gesture to follow him."Don't look," I told Aaron, "I don't want you to see me when I kissed him," I left him and followed Mark

Mark led me to another tunnel, away from Aaron.

We were standing so close, that I could feel his cold breathe on my neck.

"Do you really love me Aurora?," he asked desperately.

I was about to said yes before he cut me off, "Don't. Just tell me the truth. If I help you to rescue Maya, this might be the last time I can see you.," he sighed, "So I really need to know, if you really love me, even only just a little bit,"

I thought about it. I remembered the day we met. I remembered every time he fought with somebody if someone got me hurt. I remembered all the things that he have done to me. I remembered how he called me Princess and how he have treated me like one, each and everyday.

 "Yes, I do" I said, because I do love him, just not the way he wants me to, "But I love Aaron too...,"

"Are you happy with him?,"