Chapter 15

• Dedicated to Gaspard Ulliel- Our celebrity crush. We Love you xD

STILL AARON'S POV

                 Quickly, i run towards the screams come from. The bad news is, I don't know where the scream come from. I walk towards room to room, but there's no-one there.

                 Finally, after opening 10 wrong doors, the elevnth door led me to Aurora. She was struggling to pull Cassy who screams uncontrolabily away from the blackhole that sucked her. I can see tears runs from their eyes and decided to hel Aurora.

"I'm sorry, I shouldn't leave you like that... It was my fault that she ends up like this... Now, we're going to lose the only clue... I'm very sorry.." her voices sounds like... a mixture of crying,dissapointment, regrets and... capitulation?...

"Don't blame yourself like that.." I said,still pulling Cassy's hand while Cassy start to hurt my eardrums again. "For God-sake! Stop screaming will ya? I'm scared too. Be calm!" I yelled at her and she finally shut her mouth (but still struggling to get herself out of thatblack-hole).

"Someone pulled me in!.." She screamed.

'Someone pulled me in', eh? we'll see who's stronger.  Me and Auro or this 'someone'.

But Auro and Me just not strong enough to pull Cassy back. You can imagine pulling someone pretty heavy for at least 5 minutes, no break (Heavy means Cassy and this 'someone' who pulled her). My arm feel burns, you know. I think about my life too. At the time when i still trying to pull Cassy out, I were almost get sucked into the wormhole too. Aurora's hand was already sucked into the wormhole.

"Listen, Aurora, The only way to find your sister is through the Gate of the Temple of the Sun. But to open the gate, under the northern light, sacrifice has to be done. The key is you Aurora, it's you!, You have to get there before the northern light disappear, remember!,"

I starred at Cassy's eyes, giving her 'you know everything?' gaze.

"Goodbye..." Said Cassy huskily before disappearing into the wormhole.

"No! Cassy! What does that means?!!" I saw Auro deliberately going deeper to the wormhole,it was like, she was eager to get her head into the wormhole. I was just like, "What the.....fondue...?" (I'm hungry...)

I pulled Auro away from the wormhole.

"What are you doing?!!!" Auro yelled at me. While i'm trying to explain her why did i pulled her away. "She's the only clue to get Maya back!" 

"It's the only way to keep you safe! I don't want to see you get sucked into the blackhole!!" 

She's trapped in a thick silence. She was losing her control when she was there. You know, emotion over-load...

 Aurora shivered, obviously still shaken. I sat down next to her and pulled her into my embrace.

"Look," I caress her cheek, "I just want to help you, okay? We've been in this together since the beginning, I thought we made a good team...,"

"We did," Aurora said, and I flinched at the past tense.

"Then why did you go?," I cupped her cheek so that her gaze locked firmly to my eyes.

"Because...," Aurora sighed, "When I see you with Cassy, just now, I realized... I realized that you... have a life to live, that you deserve to have a normal life, to be a normal uni-student. I've been dragging you into this sh*t while you could have done something better with someone better than me,"

I furrowed my eyebrow, processing what Auro just said.

"And it was very selfish of me, Aaron," Aurora continued as she smiled at me bitterly, "So I leave. That way you can go your way, live your life, achieve your dreams, and I... I'll go my own way, too, I'll find Maya on my own,"

I stare at her, still not believing what I just hear. For some reasons, I feel like I just got dumped.

Aurora leaned to me and peck me in the cheek gently. She pushed my hands that previously cupped her cheeks away then get up on her feet.

She tucked a strain of hair behind her cheeks, nod at me, then start to walk away, leaving me.

Again.

But this time... This time, I'm not letting her go.

I grabbed her arm,which makes her turned her back.

"Don't go." I said desperately, feeling the need to hold her and tell her that it was okay, "We'll get through this together"

"Why? I've 'cause you so much trouble!," Auro objected, "You better off without me, Aaron,"

"You don't know that!," I argued, "I want to do this, okay? I'm going to help you to find Maya, I'll got your back, I'll be everything that you need. I WANT to do this,"

"But why. Aaron?," she askew exasperatedly, "Why? What is it to you?,"

"I..ugh..um.."

She stare at me, waiting for my answer. Her brown eyes are glassy, it was as if it could burst into tears anytime at all. Her breath was uneven, but the uncoordinated rhythm still send a shiver of pleasure through my spine.  Her rose pink lips are pouting, the same lips that I kissed just a few moment ago, at the car, at the hotel, the one that I has bee craving for since the first time I met her.

Then I see it. The falshbacks of my memory with her, from the first time we met at Li-Q-id, our little karaoke moment when I drive her home the next morning, the night when she comes to my house with tears streaming down her eyes, when I told her about Noah and she told me about Maya, our trip, the kiss, the feelings... Everything.

And I realized something. Something that I've been so scared of admitting this whole time...

"I love you"

Those three letter comes out from my mouth involuntarily in a soft whisper with a hint of desperation, hurt, hope, and love it self.

"What?," she asked.

“I love you,” there again, those three words, came out as a whisper. I didn’t say it any louder than before, but Auro heard it. She f*eaking heard it.

I stood there in front of her, waiting for her respond. But I didn't have to wait anymore, 'cause her next action that she takes answer everything.

She kissed me. She leaned in, and she kissed me. Those soft pink plum lips molded with mine, moving in sycn in rhthm that only the two of us know.

After some moment, we both withdrawn from each other, gasping for breath. Aurora's lips was swollen, and I'm pretty sure so does mine. I swear, if we human doesn't need any food, then we probably will still be making out until this very second of my life.

"I love you too, Aaron," Aurora said breathily. Her sweet warm brown eyes boring into mine. And that's it. Just those three words coming from her mouth makes my ego raise up far far away to the sky.

"Don't leave again, we'll get through this together, okay?," I asked soothing her. Aurora smiled and nod at me, which I took as a sign of agreement.

We just stood there in each other embrace as the air filled with a comfortable silence,

"So what should we do now?," Aurora asked.

I smirked down at her, and ruffle her hair softly.

"I think I know exactly someone who can piece together the hint that Cassy gave us," I told her.

"Yeah? Should we go noow?,"

"Yeah," I agreed, "We probably should,"

"Okay then,".

I led her to the car as I hold her hand close to me.

"So, where are we going?," she asked as I start out the engine.

"Home, Auro," I said, 'We're going home,"