Chapter 17

AURORA'S POV:

As soon as we arrived in England. Aaron and I rent a car, and rushed ourselves to the county of Wiltshire. From the information that they got from some local citizen, the Stonehenge was located about 3.2 km from the west side of Amesbury and 13 km away from the north side of Salisbury, wherever that is.

"Any news from the professor?," I asked, starting a conversation.

Aaron check his phone with his left hand while his right hand still gripping the steering wheel. "Nope," he said, as he put down his phone.

I let out a sigh and plunked deeper into my seat. After we landed in England, a thought had bothered me, and it's seems like the thought wouldn't be gone anytime soon.

"What's wrong?," Aaron asked, probably sensing my distress.

"Nothing," I said.

He scrunched up his eye brow together. "Do you know that when someone asked 'what's wrong?' and they get 'nothing' as an answer, 'something' is actually up?," he asked.

"But nothing is up with me!," I protested indignantly.

"You're in denial,"Aaron speculated.

"What?!," I give him a funny look, "That doesn't even makes sense! I'm not in denial!,"

"But doesn't the fact that you're denying my statement about you being in denial just proofen that you, in fact, is in denial?," he questioned me, a smug smile tugging on his lips.

I look at him in disbelief, "You're so weird...," I remarked.

"And you're not?," he retorted.

"Good point," I admitted.

Our coversation keep flowing smoothly after that. We talk and talk and I couldn't even think about that bothering thought anymore. For once, after this whole roadtrip, I actually feel... really good.

"What time is it?," I asked.

"Um...," Aaron glance at his watch, "4:35,"

"Are you sure that the stonehenge will not be closed by now?," I asked him again, "And if so, how are we going to get the coast clear? We can't just open a supernatural gate in front of thousands people,"

"Then we'll just have to sneak in at night after everyone's gone," Aaron answered.

"But how about the Aurora Borealis?,"

"Professor said it will shows up around eight p.m. I'm sure the tourist will be gone by then," Aaron responded.

"And are we going to the Sonehenge with nothing?," I continued, "How if there's a... I don't know, some kind of supernatural creature maybe? How are we going to protect oursleves from them? No pads, no helmet, just balls?".

Aaron silent for a while. His gaze boring to the road, thinking over about what I just said.

"Aaron?," I called him, demanding for some answers.

"Well I guess...," he trailed.

"You guess what?," I ask.

"I guess we'll have to do some precaution then,"

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"All set?," Aaron asked me.

"Yeah," I said, as I put our guns in its box and place it in the trunk of his car.

It turns out that Aaron's idea of precaution is to bring some weapon - as he said, I quote, 'it might come in handy'. We stop by at a gun shop on the way to buy some... well, obviously, guns.

However, due to our lack of knowledge in guns, the shopkeeper has successfully persuade us to buy a pair of Kimber Stainless II 9 milimeter, and he even convince Aaron to buy a Steyr ProHunter 25-06 S S 23.6"!

It's for hunting for god sake! We're going to save my sister, not to hunt her!

But I didn't say anything to Aaron for the sake of his man pride.

"Then we're ready to go," Aaron said, after I plunked my butt back to the passenger seat beside him.

We drive away as tint of gold start to appear in the sky, replacing the blue color that usually accented the atmosphere.

We arrived at our destination around 6:30. The tourist supposed to be gone by 7:00 so we waited in Aaron's car until no one's surrounding the monument.

It was  3-5  hours later when the last tourists went back to their cars and go home. I looked through the car window and i saw nobody's there. Me and aaron started to get out of the car.

"C'mon, Aaron, it's time..." I grabbed aaron's hand and pulled him to where the stonehenge was.

 We were sneaking to the stony thing, then.

We stood by stones on our surroundding. 

"So,what's next?" I asked. "Is there any news from the professor?"

Aaron checked his celly.

"Oh... yes, there is,..."  His mobile phone 'said' that he's got one email.

*THE EMAIL ADDRESS HAS BEEN CENSORED*

It reads:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To : xxxxxxxxxxxx@yahoo.com

From : xxxxxxxxxxxx@ymail.com

Subject : The meaning of 'To open the gate,sacrifice has to be done'

Aaron,

I know what is 'To open the gate,sacrifice has to be done' mean. And you'll get the answer when you were standing in front of the shortest stone. The 'gate' will appears when aurora borealis happened. 

P.S To Aurora : you have to remember what cassy told you. This 'sacrifice' really depends on you. You are the key.aurora,you're the key of everything. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was a bit.... surprised, especially when i saw 'You are the key.aurora, you're the key of everything',Because it seems lke professor really sure of it.

"Well, then..." Aaron said, "We'll see..."

We moved closer to the shortest stone and waited for the Aurora to come.

I glance at Aaron and he glance back at me.

"It supposed to show up in...," he glance to his watch, "10 secs,"

"Let's count it down," I said, "Together,"

He smiled his beautiful smile, showing his pearly white teeth.

"Ten...,"

"Nine...,"

"Eight...,"

"Seven..,"

"Six...,"

"Five...,"

"Four...,"

"Three...,"

"Two...,"

...

"One,"