Chapter 18

• Dedicated to Our school teachers whom have mercilessly tortured us with exam and homework rig

AURORA'S POV:

The atmosphere that filled with darkness, now accented with the beauty of northern light. A spectrum color of light stretched through the horizon. It was so... beautiful.

The wind whisper a melody to my ears, I was enveloped with a comfortable cold night breeze.

Then I heard it.

Maya's voice.

She was humming our lullaby song. The same song that she sang to me when I was a kid, the same song that she sang to me before she's gone, the same song that she sang to me in every dream that I have.

I found my own feet moving according to its own, following the source of the voice.

"Aurora?," I heard Aaron called me, "Where are you going?,"

I was about to answer but I feel like I had no control over my mouth anymore. I try to turn arpund, but my feet won't stop walking forward.

I can hear Aaron calling me again vaguely. His voice seems so far away, now.

I just keeps walking, letting my feet to bring me to wherever it want to go.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

AARON'S POV:

"Aurora?," I tried to call her again.

For an intelligent person like myself, the situation I'm currently on is so.. not cool.

After the Aurora Borealis show up, Aurora started to act weird. She was now walking towards the Friar’s heels. I've tried to call her so many times, but it seems like she didn't hear me at all.

I'm not sure if following her is a good idea or not...

But then, come to think of it again, it will be better if I was there with her when she find the gate.

So I decided to follow her, my grip tighten to the gun I’m currently holding.

We were standing in front of the Friar’s heels.

I have familiarized myself with the folktale of this stone ever since I was a kid. Although I’ve always convinced that the story aren’t true.

In case you haven’t heard it, it goes something like this…

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

One day, the Devil bought the stones from a woman in Ireland, wrapped them up, and brought them to Salisbury plain.

One of the stones fell into the Avon, the rest were carried to the plain.

Devil then cried out, "No-one will ever find out how these stones came here!"

A friar replied, "That’s what you think!," whereupon the Devil threw one of the stones at him and struck him on the heel.

The stone stuck in the ground and is still there.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

All of sudden, Aurora reached out her hand to the stone and started roaming through the rough surface of the stone, she seems to be looking for something.

What and why? I have no idea.

“What are you doing?,” I asked her. But as predicted she didn’t answer me. It’s like she wasn’t Aurora anymore, and that start to creep the hell out of me.