Chapter 18

"Breath!" they say. I'm not sure who it is.

"C..c...c..aaa..n..t." I gasp out closing my eyes. I really can't no matter how hard I try. It's like a basketball is lodged in my throat. I'm not sure how long I sat there gasping for breath. I'm surprised I haven't passed out yet.

"Backpack!" someone screams as my lungs start to burn, my heart racing what feels like a thousand miles per minute and my body going completely numb from my lips to my toes. Something is shoved in my mouth.

"Slowly breath in." they say as they squeeze my inhaler. I gasp in trying to take a breath. "Slowly release it out." so I choke out a breath."Take a deep breath." they say as I take a deep breath they squeeze my inhaler."Slowly let it out." so I do. "Lay her down." I can feel them slowly laying me down.

"Keep slowly breathing." they say as I lay there slowly breathing.

I can't believe I just had a freaking panic attack. I haven't had one since I was a kid.

"I didn't know she as asthma."

"She doesn't. It was a panic attack."

"We didn't know she had those either."

"She hasn't had one since she was a kid. She only has them when she is really, really stresses. Like over the top stressed. Y'all always thought she's was stressed. No. Now she's stressed." I guess that is uncle talking. I laid there getting my breathing under control when I opened my eyes to see uncle, Tay and ass next to me.

Then I remembered the letter and photo. I sat up quickly causing me to go fizzy for a second.

"No stay still." ass says as I glare at him. I push him away as uncle and Tay help me up. When I stand up I see my pack standing there. How the hell did they make it up here so fast? Or was I out of it for that long. Whatever doesn't matter right now. Focus Ari!

"Who was guarding Kyiri to today." I say deadly calm as I notice them visibly calm.

"Ari let me handle this." says Tay.

"That's my sister. That someone wasn't guarding properly and let that LUNATIC get close to her and you want to handle. I think not!" I growl menacingly.

"Right now yes." he says but I ignore him.

"WHO?!" I boom as they flinch.

"M..m..me...Ari!" stutters Wes coming up to the front.

"Me...to." Anthony says as he stands beside Wes. I grab the picture from uncle.

"How did he get close to her?"

"I don't know. I only took my eyes off of her when I went to the restroom. I swear. A..al..Ari." answers Anthony. We are in public so they don't call me alpha.

"Same here. Even then one of us would still be with her. The only time she was out of our sight is when she would go to the restroom." Wes says.

"Then explain this!" I growl slamming the picture in the bar. Wes picks up the picture and gasp.

"I swear Ari. He didn't come near her yesterday. I swear. I never seen him near her. I would never let him get within a hundred yard of her." he panics.

"Ari are you sure that was taken yesterday?" uncle asked.

"Yes I'm fucking sure! I just bought her that outfit the other day! It was her first time wearing it!" I growl.

"Ari we didn't let him get near her. I never saw him either." Anthony says.

"Either one or both of you are lying!"