Chapter 7

Shit! Why wasn't I warned being rejected hurts. I just have to think of it this way. I got Ky to worry about and now the pack. Now that I'm alpha. Alpha Monroe. Holy shit! I'm an alpha who has been rejected by my mate. I wonder if that has happen before. Shit! I need to get back out there. I got to many things going on in my head right now.

I walk out and they are still there. Shit! I was hoping they left. I tell John I'm not serving them I'll serve lackey but that's it. He agreed to serve them but he keep asking questions. I ignore them of course and kept working. It finally started slowing down. Only me Taylor, Kale, Caleb, Liam, lackey, asshole, bitch and John are left. I go to the computer so I can finish my homework.

"What are you doing fun size?" Taylor ask.

"Homework." I say.

"That's not due for another two weeks." he says noticing I'm doing doing my essay. I shrug.

"Better to get it done now. Than wait for the last minute. Like some people I know." I say rolling my eyes.

"What's up? You seem stressed. Everything okay? Your not worried about....ya know are you?" he asked. I shake my head no.

He let's it go after that. I do as I said I was going too. I ignore him. Every time he wants a beer. He orders me to get him one. It usually goes goes like this....... Get me beer. I walk away ignoring HIM and HER. Then John walks over to serves him. Yeah fun. Lackey always gives me funny looks when I only serve him. I go to my side of the bar unfortunately. It's the side THEY are on. I lay down on the coolers like always when I'm bored. I plop my legs on the bar and get comfy.

Staring at the ceiling is not as fun as you would think. I know I said I don't want a mate but to be rejected. It's humiliating. I'm alpha now. I just don't know. I wish he would leave. It would be so much easier. Ya know....out of sight out of mind. Yeah that's what needs to happen. I feel so miserable now. At least I still have my Ky and the pack. If he wants to reject me than that's fine. I know I know. I should be happy he doesn't want me. I really should but it hurts. I guess that's why it bugs me so much. I could understand if he reject for....oh I don't know....he is trying to keep his pack safe, he is scared I might break his heart. I don't know. But to reject for a whore. That's why it's big deal. I think.

Oh come on Ari you don't want a mate. I have Ky, the pack, work and school. Don't have time for mate. To much drama. Clearly. I'm not meant to be happy anyway. That's plain to see.

"Ari! Ari!" yelled Kale.

"What?" I snapped.

"We've been calling you for 5 minutes now." he says.

"Sorry what's up?" I asked. I didn't even have to uncover my face to know Lisa was here.

"Hey girlie. What are you doing her?" I asked.

"Gawd Ari. Your creepy when you do that. Where are you anyway?" she asked. I raise my hand to wave at her.

"Over here." I sigh. "I know that voice. Come talk to momma." I say sarcastically. I move over over so she can lay down with me. I put my arm under her head and we wrap our legs together.

"Dr Monroe is in. What's up?" I ask. She sighs.

"He did it again." she says.

"Ugh! Lisa dump his ass. He's a fucking human. They are useless." I say. She was fixing to disagree. "Okay okay not all. The ones on the force. They are awesome. Except for Seth. He's the prime example of useless." I say. She rolls her eyes. "Not the point. The point is...he really is useless. He's how old? All he does is play video games, get high and screws every girl with her legs open." I state. "Aside from his girlfriend." I interject.