Chapter Seventeen

Okay guys, I'm going to be quick and short. Because seventeen is one of my favorite numbers and also Mr. Mathers was born on the seventeenth, I'm going to make this chapter like orgasmic, ahaha or I will try. It's pretty long and packed with cuteness and adventure and sorry for the late upload, but it took me forever! ;0 Also, notice the new cover?! Who likes it, hates it, etc, please give me what you think in the comments! If anyone thinks they can work with me to make better, I'm taking offers(: And the picture on the right is of Dri's dress on Beyonce and the way Dri looked for the party. Now get reading(;

---

As Luna and I strode into Jessica McClintock this time around, it was as if I'd turned into her. Last time, I was neutral with the whole situation, wanting to leave as soon as possible, and Luna was the one insisting we take our time and put an effort into dress-shopping. Now that I knew what the event was and I had a crowd to impress and please, I was desperate to find a flawless dress. Luna herself was as alert as ever, but tapped at her phone every now and then, sending texts.

"Oh, you ladies are back," a pleasant voice greeted us and we both peered up. It was the same kind lady who'd guided us in our purchase last time, and I smiled back.

"Hi. Um, I'm trying to find a dress."

She began walking and I followed her, Luna trailing after us, glancing at the dresses we passed.

"Another surprise date?" the woman chuckled.

"No, this one is a formal dinner. And he said something about a short dress."

"So you want a short dress?" she confirmed. I nodded and she led us to a section where she paused and began whisking expertly through the grand dresses. "Let's do black on you this time, dear." She inspected me momentarily, then continued. Luna stood to the side, watching. The saleslady whipped aside several black dresses, and I gazed in awe and curiosity. Finally she revealed a shorter black dress with thin straps, ruffles, and a figure hugging form.

"This'll be something new for you," she offered. "It'll bring out your eyes and skin tone."

I cocked my head critically. "Well, it's gorgeous, but isn't it a little short? I'm meeting some of his friends for the first time and I don't want to seem easy."

"It's not that short, hon. Why don't you go try it on?" She handed me the dress and I turned to Luna, pressing the dress over my body to give her an idea of how it would look on me.

"What do you think, Lu?"

"It's great," she beamed. "Black is one of your colors, Dri."

"Is it too short?" The dress was undoubtably unique and flattering, but first impressions were important for me as well.

"Honestly, I don't think so. Go try it on."

---

I stepped out of the changing shall, glanced in the mirror, and fell in love with the way I looked in the dress. It was seductively short, yet the ruffles gave it a flirty feel. As with the last dress I'd bought here, it was like it had been custom tailored to my body.

"I'll take it," I uttered breathlessly. Luna grinned as I smoothed the fabric and tucked away my visible bra straps.

"That dress looks so good on you," she commented.

"Really?"

"Oh yes, dear, black is certainly your color," the woman piped in. I tilted my body, curving myself in the mirror and ignoring their compliments for a second. The dress elongated my sleek legs, brought out my creamy pale skin, and also made my breasts look full and round; definitely not a bad thing. In about fifteen minutes, I'd found Friday's dress. I thanked the sales woman for helping us, then we paid, and left the store, traveling to the next store for the perfect heels.